Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Thughts and more thoughts

To send today's card: Knowing we are Loved


Quote for the Day:

The smallest good act today is the capture of a strategic point from which, a few months later, you may be able to go on to victories you never dreamed of.

C. S. Lewis





"With my God I can break through any barrier"

This is the quote from scripture that I seemed to fasten onto this morning. I'm not sure where in scripture it is, we read it often in the breviary. Must be in the psalms. Anyway, it was such a strong comfort for me as I try to move forward with this book and make it the best I possibly can.

Not that I have come against real barriers yet with it...mostly just the ones that play in my head. I was reading Robert Middleton's blog entry today - and for me it was just exactly and totally what I needed. He said in essence that about 85 percent of what holds us back from doing things.. is how we think about them. That is the fact.. but we don't face that fact.. instead we find all sorts of "other" stuff that we need to DO before we can move forward. Very interesting.

With my book (its on my mind a lot these days) I am trying to reach out and pull in a few "famous" folks to give a little recognition for people who know nothing about my other books. I have a friend who is helping me with the back cover text.. getting endorsements, etc. and she suggested to me this morning in an email that I should ask you (the faithful readers of my rambling thoughts) what you think. Here is what she said:

"Also, through your newsletter, consider doing an informal poll of this captive audience to see what other authors your subscribers like to read, what music they listen to, who/what else inspires them in their Christian faith, etc. This is a great idea, to go right to your list and ask them."

So....? What ARE your thoughts? Will you share them with me? Email Me

I contacted Fr. Michael Scanlan, TOR last week for permission to use his story of the cure of the Downe Snydrome child and he said "Yes!" Today I put out an inquiry to see if I could use an article on prayer by Max Lucado (will see what happens there).... and now I just need your suggestions. AND if you have a way for me to contact them .. that would be even better!

Blessings and Thanks!
Sr. Patricia

No comments: