Monday, November 26, 2007

JoyNotes for Monday - November 26, 2007

To send today's card: Christ the King

Quote for the Day:

It's not the situation, but whether we react (negative) or respond (positive) to the situation that's important.
Zig Ziglar


It's Monday morning. Early. I woke up at 4:30 and decided it was time to get up. Which was good because last night I went to bed at 8:30... which if you know me is very early. But I was feeling wiped and decided I was better material for sleep then anything else.

Soon I will have to go and wake everyone up. It will be five. They will be so glad to hear my voice. Ha. Ha. Ha. Sometimes I feel like our Navy sargeant in boot camp. The men got woken up I heard with a trash can banging down the hall... we got woken up much more civilized. All the lights came on (we were in a huge room with about fifty beds) and those big lights were like flood lights at 5:00 in the morning. Then over the intercom would come this sickenly sweet voice. "Good Morning, Ladies!"

You could tell she relished her job. It was not good. We did think too sweetly in return of that sweet voice.

My morning wake-up is much different. No bright lights.. just the shuffle of my slippers down the dark hallway. Three knocks on the door and I say quietly (because at 5:00 in the morning, a quiet voice is all even I can manage). "Let us praise the Lord." And such the day begins.

For Sister Colleen and myself we get the further pleasure of waking up more throughly by taking Shelley out for her morning duty. Usually, the colder it is - the swifter she is. Usually.

It's 24 degrees this morning. I hope she's up to her usual quick run and not into a sniffer mode...

Blessings of Peace and All Good!
Sr. Patricia and all the Sisters

No comments: