Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanksgiving Novena Day Two

To send today's card: Thanksgiving Novena - Day One

Quote for the Day:

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."
Abraham Lincoln





Please keep your stories coming in for the new book! I'm looking for stories that had a big impact on you or someone you know. A story that really shows the power of God in an amazing way! That doesn't mean they have to be raising the dead to life but they should be something that has really affected you in some way. Sometimes little things happen that make all the difference.

One of the things that happens to me when I start thinking about answered prayer or miracles in my life... it seems that talking about them some how makes them shrivel down to a smaller size because I can't quite get across that "BIG FEELING" that came to me when my prayer was answered. If that happens to you... just try to do the best you can with sharing the story - often times I think more comes across than we think. Also if I feel the story is good but needs more information I will call you on the phone or email you questions that will make it more clearer to me. The important thing is to just try!

A little miracle happened to me this morning with one of our little sick fish. Rufus. He is Sister Marcia Kay's little buddy (I think he looks a bit like Godzilla) but she really loves this little guy. So he was looking really, really bad and very close to death. Well she gave him some Rescue Remedy and other medicine but it didn't seem to make much effect. I went and looked at the little fellow and asked Mary's help for him while I prayed three Hail Mary's. Do you know at the end of the third one he actually popped up and looked some better! He still may not make it... but it showed me in a small way that Mary was indeed listening! Even for a lttle small fish.

Prayer for
Second Day of Novena

Thank You for My Family!

Dearest Lord Jesus,
where would I be
without the gift
of my family
and friends?

I thank you today
for their presence
in my life.
I thank you
for the gifts
you have given
to each one.
I thank you
for the many ways
in which they touch
my life.

I thank you for
their laughter,
their encouragement,
their support.

I thank you
for every experience
I have shared with them,
whether good or bad
happy or sad
their presence in my life
has made me a better person.

Thank-you!

Blessings of Peace and All Good!
Sr. Patricia and all the Sisters

No comments: