Monday, November 05, 2007

God's Love multiply by billions

To send today's card: A Little Rain


Quote for the Day:

The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world.
Unknown





We had a wonderful sermon today - on how much Jesus loves us and how we should spend our lives trying to love him in return. Was really beautiful. Father was encouraging us to love Jesus for His sake alone.. and not for what we want Jesus to do for us. This is not easy.. because basically everything comes from God so how can we place ourselves outside of that neediness?

Personally, I still haven't a clue. I mean how do you wrap yourself around loving God without loving all the wonderful things He does for us? Seems a bit impossible to me.

I do think I could spend a lot more time appreciating God more than I do. I was walking up the stairs this evening after evening prayer and the thought came to me that there are billions of people on the earth.. and God is personally and totally loving and caring for each of us. Is that mind boggling or what? So I decided ... I will just let God love the billions and I will work on just loving him. One I can handle.. billions.. nope.. don't think so.

I remember Saint Padre Pio once commenting on his relationship with the Blessed Mother. He said, "She loves me as if I was her only one" isn't that beautiful? And Mary is only a reflection of the great love of God... so wow.. imagine being loved so totally by God? We really should have nothing to fear. If God loves us so much... whoa....how can we even think that He doesn't want us to enjoy the full glory of heaven.

Yep, time to spend more time.. just being amazed and thankful for God's love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Sister that is a wonderful thought. I know each friend, relative & even strangers I meet are so special when we think we are all unique, lovable, & a miracle made by God. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in the blog everyday.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, I had a Linus sweatshirt that said, "I love mankind, it's people I can't stand!" I think it's a lot easier to love a generic "mankind" whose faces we'll probably never see, because to love people one at a time, especially the ones that aren't always so lovable, involves a risk. By the way, regarding those difficult people, if I really find myself unable to love them at any given moment, I just continue to pray for them, and trust that He can love them through me. Make sense?? Hope so!