Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksiving Novena - Day 3

To send today's card: Thanksgiving Novena - Day Three

Quote for the Day:

To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle.
Walt Whitman





I don't know what to write about - so I decided I would just write some words here in the hope something spectacular will spew forth. This morning at breakfast the Sisters told me I had a one track mind and that I hadn't heard a word anyone else had said. The second part was not true. I did hear what they said, but my brain just didn't process it.. but I definitely remember hearing them talking about stuff. What the stuff was they were talking about... that I didn't quite get... but I did hear them.

So... it seems they think I am just a bit too intense right now on this new book. Just a bit heading over the edge. But I am having a lot of fun ... thinking .. thinking... thinking....

And I have a great partner of crime with this book because I have decided to dedicate it to our Sister Eileen (God rest her soul - though I doubt very much she is resting - because I know she is helping me!). Sister Eileen was always coming up with this statement, "I have an idea!" and then she would pray and soon ... her idea would take root and start sending out little shoots into the ground and before long... her idea was solidly planted and bearing fruit. It was fun living with Sister Eileen. Exciting.

Sister Mary Rita was a close comrade in crime as well.. so I figure - they started me out well.. it's up to me to continue... and you will be glad to know that I now have "Lots of ideas!" And I'm sure they are great ones.. a bit one-tracked .. but that's how I get things done!

Most of my really, really good ideas come during morning prayer and at Mass. I don't think they are distractions.. I think they are like our Father Sebastian used to tell us, "The Kingdom of God breaking through."

God works in each of us very differently ... but in the end it all comes out to His glory. As long of course we continue to put all into his hands.. which believe me I do, about a zillion times a day!

But this book which will be on prayer.. is just so cool.. because I mean that is what our life here is all about.. and it is good to work to make it the very, very best it can be I think. Even if it means I am a bit one-tracked and a bit deaf now and then. Sigh.


Prayer for
Third Day of Novena

Thank you Lord Jesus,
for the gift of
Faith.
For Faith,
that knows each moment
is carefully
held in your hand.

For Faith that
Encourages me
when I don't know
where to turn,
what to do
or where to go
but to You!

For Faith
that sees me through
Fears of War,
Terrorists, Pain
and Suffering.

For Faith
that assures me,
I will never be alone
that nothing will
ever happen to me
that is too big
for you to take care of!

Thank you Lord,
THANK YOU
For the Gift of Faith!

Blessings of Peace and All Good!
Sr. Patricia and all the Sisters

1 comment:

prayerwarrior4Jesus said...

Love the novena! And I put Rufus in St. Francis' hands. Mother Mary and St. Francis, take over!

Thanks, Sr. Patricia, for everything. Sure enjoy your peace cards, books, projects, ideas, links, etc. May God continue to give you all you can handle!

In Christ, Dora