Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

To send today's card: Thanksgiving Novena - Day Nine

Quote for the Day:

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Well, for a while today it looked like Thanksgiving was going to be on hold as a couple of our Sisters were sick. But... it looks like bed rest and some medicinal potions at least has one of them back on her feet.... and for tomorrow... being that she (Sister Rita Louise) is the Cook.. we are all very Thankful!

Of course we could always postpone it a day or two... but it never seems quite the same. Nice.. but not quite the same. BUT it looks like the turkey is going to get in the oven tomorrow and we're back on! Something new to be thankful for!

I hope you have a very wonderful, blessed and Thankful Thanksgiving tomorrow.... even if you are not in the U.S.A. - I hope you have a Thank-filled Day too!

Day Nine

Lord Jesus,
You are the same
Yesterday
Today
and Tomorrow.

Today, Lord,
I thank you
for my Tomorrows.

Not only the Tomorrows
I hope to spend
for ever with you
in eternity . . .

But the Tomorrows
You have carefully planned
for me in this
Time
and Space.

I thank you
for the people
I will love Tomorrow
I thank you
for the Food
You will provide
the Shelter
the Comfort
the Peace.

I thank you
for the New Doors
you will open
Tomorrow.

I thank you
that whatever
Tomorrow will bring
I know
You will be There!

Thank-You!

Amen.

Blessings of Peace and All Good!
Sr. Patricia and all the Sisters

No comments: