Monday, April 30, 2007

St Joseph the Worker, Enchiladas & new Catholic PodCast

To send this card: Saint Joseph the Worker

More Saint Joseph Cards

Quote for the Day:

What emanates from the figure of Saint Joseph is faith. Joseph of Nazareth is a "just man" because he totally "lives by faith." He is holy because his faith is truly heroic.
Pope John Paul II


Today is Saint Joseph Day! Hurray! Wonder of Wonders. Expect good things and big miracles and be filled with Joy!

It's also Tasty Tuesday!

But before I share my friend Barb's "tasty" recipe I want to tell you about a wonderful mini video that I was sent. It is funny but also informative in a very Catholic way. It's the first in a series of a new Catholic podcast called, "That Catholic Show."

Here is the information that was sent to me so I could share it with you. I can pretty much 99.9 percent guarantee you will like it.

--------------------------
Here's the direct link to the YouTube version:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8NFuu6W392k

Here's a link to a much better looking (but bigger) version:
http://cache.libsyn.com/rosaryarmy/TCS001.mp4

Here's the link if people want to subscribe to the show:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThatCatholicShow

---------------------------

Barb Ries was over to help me today - so I got her Enchilda recipe! She said, "How I can write it down, I don't measure anything! I just make it."

I told her, "Just write it down how you do it. There are still lots of folks out there who cook that way! They will understand and the rest of us will just worry a little more but about our amounts but manage as well." I know we're a very resourceful bunch.

Barb's Turkey Enchilada

2 cups Turkey or chicken chunked (whatever you have on hand).
3 Boiled eggs chopped
green olives - as many as you like sliced– if you don’t like green make them black (sometimes I use both)
chopped Onions
1 cup cheese- mix cheddar and monetary jack
garlic powder
pepper
Flour Tortilla shells

1 8 oz can Enchilada sauce - this is where we went wrong and got the brand of Enchilada sauce that was only Mild if you like eating chili peppers like popcorn.

Mix all ingredients except shells and sauce. Pour some sauce in your pan and lay a shell in it and turn over- put mixture in side shell and roll up. Repeat until your pan is full. Then pour the remaining sauce over the top of rolled enchiladas and cover with cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for about ½ hour.

Very, very good. Yum, yum, yum. The only thing Barb says is that the boiled eggs don't freeze well.. so omit the eggs if you want to freeze them.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

No comments: