Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thankful Thursday - New Radio Program

To send this card: Holy Thursday

Quote for the Day:

"...In this world I cannot see the Most High Son of God with my own eyes, except for His Most Holy Body and Blood."
St. Francis of Assisi


Thankful Thursday

Today I started a new radio program called, Faith, Hope and Action. I really, really love the interview I did with Father Jim Van Vurst, OFM the friar who gave us our retreat. The topic is "Death and Eternity." Now you may think that topic sounds like a heavy subject but Father approached it is so full of love and joy that it almost has me ready to pack up my bags and head on out! If you or someone you know has recently lost a loved one - I think this interview would be very comforting for them.

It's a 30 minute program but if you would like to listen to it.... Faith Hope and Action Note: This will probably take at least a full minute to download.. so patience please.

I would love to hear what you think of it, if you have time to listen. You can right click on the link and save it to your computer for listening later as well.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I may not be able to get the JoyNotes out for Friday. I hope so.. but at least you are aware if they don't come through!

Blessings of Peace and Joy,
Sister Patricia

P.S. Do you know of someone who would make a great guest for my program? Someone you can give me actual contact information for and who is a warm and friendly person! They don't have to be well known.. but someone you think has a good faith story to share, who is upbeat and positive about their Catholic faith and puts it into action! Some of my best interviews are people who are just ordinary folks but are fun to be around and always leave you with encouragement and enthusiasm for living your Catholic faith.

And yes if you would like to be a guest - why not give it a try yourself! Send me an email about what you would like to share!

Send your suggestions to Sr. Patricia with a subject heading of "Radio Guest." Not going to promise I will be able to use all the suggestions but I will carefully consider each one.



Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was having a very bad night till I got up. I came on the computer and lo and behold there was your radio program with Fr. Van Hurst. I lost my son twelve years ago and though it will never change, listening to Fathers talk made me realize just how far I have come since that terrible day. It was an accident, so it took me so long to get over the fact that I was not there for him. He left behind a beautiful wife, who was pregnant. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Frankie is now twelve years old and the light of my life. I know that my son is here with me, even more now that I listened to Fathers beautiful commentary. Thanks again Sr. Patricia.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sr Pat. It will soon be 4 years since my son was murdered - 3 months after my husband died with his family surrounding him. Walking the grief road I have come to feel/believe the main points of Father's message. Relationships do not end, love is not killed by death. Besides my faith, over 20 yrs experience as a Hospice nurse helped. Yet the regret of not being with my son at his time of death stayed with me. I knew Jesus must have been there, but I needed to hear it in the beautiful way this truth was presented on your radio interview with Father VanVurst. Thank you, and God bless you,
Jean Limongello

Anonymous said...

Sister Pat,
Holy Thurday's quote of the Day is from St. Francis. Where in the Omnibus may i discover this? +peace Guy www.paladian@semo.net

Darcelle said...

Hi Sister Patricia,
Thank you for posting the interview on Death of a Loved one. I most recently lost my step-dad and my mother to illness. The insights of Fr. were very reassuring and comforting for me. I realize that in my humaness I was so limited on how to care for my parents but God in his mercy has taken them and is caring for them for all eternity.
Darcelle