Thursday, April 12, 2007

Friendship Friday and Cartoons

To send this card: Easter Friday

Quote for the Day:

"May there always be work
for your hands to do,
may your purse always hold
a coin or two.
May the sun always shine
on your windowpane,
may a rainbow be certain
to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend
always be near you,
may God fill your heart
with gladness to cheer you."

- Irish Blessing


Friendship Friday

There are many ways of being a friend. Sometimes I think God gives us friends that we will never meet and yet they touch our lives in a very friendly and important way. Do you know who I am thinking of? Charles Schulz!

I have so often been picked up from the doldrums by looking at cartoon books. There is something warm and comforting about cartoons. Everyone has their own likes but I have a whole set of Charlie Brown books and I never tire of reading them.

I also like Calvin and Hobbes and For Better or Worse and Zits! I don't really read cartoons much from the paper (although we do get a daily newspaper) mostly I just read a few pages at nights sometimes from my old books when I feel a need to just be.

Wonder if reading cartoons can be a prayer? I'm sure they must be. Anything that is good and makes one happy in a warm friendship sort of way... must be from God.

Of course some cartoons are definitely not from God and we're not going down that road!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

No comments: