Monday, April 02, 2007

Tasty Tuesday and Cold Remedy

To send this card: Holy Week Card

Quote for the Day:

Christians must lean on the Cross of Christ just as travelers lean on a staff when they begin a long journey.
They must have the Passion of Christ deeply imbedded in their minds and hearts, because only from it can they derive peace, grace, and truth.
- St. Anthony of Padua.


Tasty Tuesday

First thank you for everyone who sent their delicious chicken recipes. To tell you the truth after my retreat I forgot to go and check them out! Sad, I will do that after I send out JoyNotes and hopefully try some after Holy Week. Something delicious to look forward to.

Also I would like to introduce my sister Barb to Tuesday's JoyNotes. Barb is a dietician/nutritionist and has some wonderful tips and ideas for encouraging healthy but good tasting eating. I'm often much more worried about the "tasty" rather than the "healthy" but I thought a Tasty Tip of the week would be good for all of us.

Right now I am fighting a cold. It is very funny. The reason it is very funny is that I am the Sacristan and nobody, but nobody wants the Sacristan to be sick during Holy Week. Because if the Sacristan gets sick then someone else has to go through all the trials and woes and lamentations of preparing for all the Special Holy Week services. So they have me popping pills and spraying stuff in my throat and doing everything possible to keep me healthy and well.

I took my own special remedy which is a burrito with hot sauce on it. The hotter the sauce the better. So, I ate my tasty burrito and my eyes watered, my nose ran, my tongue needed a fire extinguisher and now I should be completely cured!


Tasty Tip
I mix my favorite blue cheese (high fat dressing) with plain low fat yogurt and it goes twice as far and cuts the calories in half.
Barbara George (aka. Sr. Patricia's sister - Nutritionist)

P.S. Barb is my real sister - but I don't know where in the world she got a liking for Blue Cheese! Eeeckkk.

Blessings of Peace and Joy,
Sister Patricia

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we shall see Holy Week through with and for our good God, Sister Patricia. I helped nurse my Dad through the worst viral flu ever for three days towards the end of last week and came down with it last Saturday. I've been battling through and looking forward to cantoring on Holy Thursday Evening and Easter Vigil. The amazing thing is that for the first time ever my throat is holding up - here's to hoping and praying! Margaret, Oz.

Anonymous said...

One of my older sisters and I have a spiritual connection. Her letters, cards and calls come at propituous times. The Irish call this kitheing. It is a true blessing. S.

bjc said...

Dear sister Patrica
I love reading your joy notes,you are so down to earth and I feel a good friend.I will pray you will feel better and get you thro this Blessed Holy Week.Thank you. Beverly