Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Monday -



To send this card: He is Risen!

Quote for the Day:

You have been enlightened by Christ. Walk always as children of the light and keep the flame of faith alive in your hearts.
From the rite of Easter Baptism


Easter Miracle Monday

Alleluia! Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen Indeed!

We had a beautiful Easter liturgy and the miracle was I didn't get stressed over it! Okay, maybe a bit towards the end - but really miraculously I was peaceful and calm throughout and enjoyed every minute of it.

Sometimes you know I'm thinking, "Oh my, how long is this going to go on?" I get so time conscious sometimes, it's reall horrible. Let's see, it's five minutes for this, ten minutes here... sad. Maybe a bit of this is inherited, my dad was a wonderful, full class worrier. When someone was supposed to be traveling or something he would figure out just how long it would take them and if they were over the mark... uh-oh, he had to get to worrying!

I would like to share with you three books that I am reading. I absolutely love them and you may absolutely not - but I want to share anyway. The one I may already have shared with you.. not sure. .. memory doesn't hold much these days.

The first book has nothing to do about religion but I get tons and tons out of it and the other two books are written by Protestant Pastors, both of whom are just so awesome. I'm still reading them but so far so good. I figure it goes right along with the prayer of the Church in which we pray that we may "all be one." If any of you get one or another of these books you will be blessed.

The first is called - "Made to Stick ..... Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die" by Chip Heath and Dan Heath

The second is called, "In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day..... How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars," by Mark Batterson

and the third is "Confessions of a Pastor" by Craig Croeschel (I don't think related to Father Benedict Groeschel but who knows maybe he is?)

Well, I'm off to the movies. We are going to watch, "The Sound of Music" as our Easter treat. Have a beautiful Easter Monday with many, many blessings.

Peace and Joy!
Sr. Patricia and all the Sisters


Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession



No comments: