Sunday, April 22, 2007

Miracle Monday - Today's Gifts for Tomorrow Use

To send this card: 3rd Monday in Easter


Quote for the Day:


There are no miracles for those that have no faith in them.
French Proverb


Miracle Monday

Father Jim Van Vurst, OFM (the priest who gave us our retreat and did the radio program with me on Death and Dying) reccommended a great book to me when I told him I was into miracles. He said I should read the introduction from this book called, "Small Miracles" by Jitta Halberstam and Judith Leventhal. So I went to the bookstore and they didn't have their original book on hand but they had a couple of others that these two authors had done. Boy are they wonderful!

I am still going to get the original book but I think any of their books are really great to read if you like miracle stories. Really, really neat ones. And one thing I particularly like about these books is that because the two authors are Jewish many of the stories are about Jewish people. I love that, because I don't really know too many Jewish people and so it is also a beautiful way to learn some of their culture and beliefs. They have miracle stories from other religions too.

As for a personal miracle I think what is neat is how God somehow always has the next step planned for us to take. If we ever think we are on our own all we have to do is look back and see how this happened which led to that happenening which meant we did this and got that! Amazing.

I think my prayer today shall be, "God, help me to accept and use fully the gifts you give me today, whether it is a new thought, a new understanding, or new opportunity so that I may be ready to use them for others tomorrow."

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your "Miracle Monday" blog - your words often give me inspiration & hope, and always joy!

Margaret (Australia)

Anonymous said...

thank you for your joynotes.
and as a french and the quotation was french today I may share that a miracle occured in my work : we were looking for a file for the last couple of weeks. A complaint has been brought today in a justicial way. and we were all asked to find this file.
with a colleague we went to the old files room and looked for without much hope. But as I was in the room I remembered the quote and said ok o Lord, you know where it is, and I'm doing my task looking for and praying...
my colleague called ... she found the file in a very very unexpected place, with an old file number that is very occured. and not at all where she was looking for.
I said in myself o thank you.
and she admitted it was by total chance her eyes looked over her and fell on it... she even said, almost "by miracle".
marie from France.