Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Spiritual Thinking

To send today's card: Saint John Capistran


Quote for the Day:

I am realistic - I expect miracles.
Wayne Dyer


Tuesday,

Spiritual Thinking. It really is a pity I do not write my little bits of thought during morning chapel time. I actually am God focused the most then. I have all these great insights that I think, "Oh great, I will share this with you in my next writing." but then the day sort of filters over thoughts and reflections and by the time it comes to write... I am blank as a newly erased board. Sigh. Who could tell there actually was a scribble or two of honest reflection there?

I don't suppose they would let me set up my computer in the chapel?

No, I thought not.

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that some members of a religious order whom I join in their chapel for Prayer, regularly copy their reflections into a private notebook/spiritual journal, kept in the chapel for that purpose.

Micki said...

I try to quote several saints etc. on my holy card blog. I remember reading that Bishop Sheen said something once about Pope John Paul II and himself, alwalys take a notebook with them when they do their daily holy hours. Something about "the great author of life" always gives them the best thoughts at those times when they are with HIM. So.......go ahead, take notes. :-)

Anonymous said...

A computer in the chapel...? Interesting idea, at first glance the world trying to stage a coup into God's Kingdom! But as I thought about it, Sister Pat, you actually do take a computer with you into the chapel each day! What computer you ask. The human brain! The greatest computer ever devised!.....Fashioned by God! Nothing the greatest technicians down here can do will come close to matching its' intricacy and beauty! The trouble is we only use a fraction of the awesome mental capacity He has blessed us with! To try to gain control we were never meant to have,we pursue things like TM.When I think the answer lies in simply being quiet enough to let Him tell us how to use it. I find that sometimes when I get those moments of inspiration, He is gracious enough to let me retain them to share. The times I lose them, almost in the same instant, that they were gifts intended only for He and I alone.