Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saint Teresa of Jesus - Trip to Birmingham

To send today's card: Satin Teresa of Jesus


Quote for the Day:

“We can only learn to know ourselves and do what we can - namely, surrender our will and fulfill God's will in us."
St Teresa of Jesus


Home Again!

Happy beautiful Feast of Saint Teresa of Jesus (Avila).

At the moment I rather feel like Teresa did when she got dumped off of the carriage she was riding in and landed in a mud puddle. She exclaimed to God, "Well, if this is how you treat your friends no wonder you have so few of them!" For some reason or other the card site is not working. I have no clue and no one to contact (that is online anyway) at the moment. So..... guess that will be tomorrow's big plan for the day. It may be that I will need to move to the new card program sooner than I had planned. Stay tuned for stormy clouds ahead.

We (Sister Marcia Kay and myself) arrived back home late Saturday night. A little bit of rain and lightening in Denver extended our stay an hour but not too bad. We were still very, very glad to get home.

We had a wonderful time, made new friends, saw new things and learned a lot about Catholic Radio. Mostly that I need to learn a lot more! Geeesh.. Just when you think you are getting a handle on things.

The first day of the Catholic Radio Association (convention) was a spiritual day. We went to the shrine of "The Most Blessed Sacrament" which was really fun. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it was a really, really nice experience. We got to meet a few of the Poor Clares, listen to a spiritual talk, attend the Holy Eucharist and visit Castle San Miguel. At first I thought Castle San Miguel was going to be a bit "over the top" but it was fun!

I have to say one of the things I enjoyed the most was the knights in armor. I had never seen one before - and it sort of put the whole Franciscan Middle ages thing in sort of a concrete perspective for me. I can't imagine actually going to war in one of those things! Amazing. How could one even move?

Here is a picture of Sister Marcia Kay and myself with Saint Joan and two knights. Kind of looks like the one behind me is going to bop me on the head. Probably if I had lived back in those ages I would have been bopped and "off with her head" quite soon.



Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sisters, I saw you both in the audience of Fr. Mitch's show-can't remember which show. I would love to visit Birmingham, however I have no one to travel with, and truthfully I am frightened to travel alone, I am 67 and not in good health. Oh well I just wanted to let you know I saw you both. God Bless Your Ministry and you too. ML