Thursday, October 04, 2007

Saint Faustina

To send today's card: Feast of Saint Faustina


Quote for the Day:

"Jesus, I love you,
I trust in you."
St. Faustina


Friday,

The Feast of Saint Faustina,

I have to tell you something that is cool upon cool upon cool. It just happened to me right this minute! I am working on making a card for tomorrow for the feast of Saint Faustina... and so I found a beautiful picture but for the life of me I could not find the official prayer for her. So anyway.. I looked hither and yon and finally decided to check out the USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) site. Zilcho. So I looked around some more on the site and just by chance my eye fell on a line that said, "When the Holy Spirit says "Go".... I go and when the Holy Spirit says, "Stop"... I stop." Well that sounded something like I would like to read.. so I went to the link. There I found a most interesting story by a young seminarian (at the time of the writing) from Lativa. I read the whole article - just because I found it was interesting... and guess what? At the very, very end is an amazing fact about this priest and Saint Faustina!

To me, it seems like a blessing from her... cool....cool.... cool.... . because the link did not seem to have anything at all to do with Saint Faustina... and I was just taking a supposedly break in my search because the article sounded interesting.. and it had a Faustina message! Here is the link if you want to read the story. When the Holy Spirit says "Go."

I love the Divine Mercy prayer, "Jesus, I love you , I trust in you." Whenever I have something that I am really worried or upset about.. this prayer always, and always helps me out. That and the "Hail Mary" are my mainstays.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters



The Confession Connection

Preparing for Confession:
Taking Your Spiritual Temperature

by Fr. Thomas M Casey.


Day Seven:

Some family History on Reconciliation

As a result of this demanding tradition, which was allowed only once in one's lifetime, most persons who intended to become Christians would wait until they thought they were near death and then ask to be baptized. In this way, they had their sins forgiven. It seems that most Christians did not consider themselves either great saints or great sinners, and they simply avoided the rigors of public penance through the more usual means of prayer, giving alms, fasting and attending the eucharistic liturgy.


to be continued


A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


No comments: