Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spirit of Assisi - My mom

To send today's card: Spirit of Assisi - October 27
Quote for the Day:

First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
Thomas a Kempis


Saturday is a special day called ... The Spirit of Assisi....First started by Pope John Paul II and continued by Franciscans (and hopefully others) It is a day to think of Peace, pray for Peace and hopefully to find Peace.

Today I brought my mom over for dinner. It was a beautiful fall day, blue sky and everything golden and bright and sunny. (I wish we could share this day with the suffering people in California.) At any rate I was glad to be able to get my mom and take her for a little drive and spend time with her. The only problem was... someone came to visit me in the parlor (sort of a prayer emergency) and I ended up spending all my time there...and not with my mom. Thankfully the sisters all treat my mom as their mom too so she was well taken care of!

I did get back in time to eat dinner with her. Whew. Then I took her home and bought her some "comfort food" - a half gallon of vanilla and chocolate ice-cream to put in her freezer. Nice to have a treat when you want don't you know. A little ice-cream is about the only thing she eats in her room since all her meals are in the dining room.

In January my mom will be 90. She is really doing wonderfully well... a bit of dementia... but I rather live with that myself.. so I can handle that.

Blessings of Peace, Joy and all Good,
Sister Patricia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please pray for Trini who had hip replacement surgery today... Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful daughter you are to be so concerned about your mother. I,too am getting up there like your mother. I am 89 and will turn 90 in July 08. I still drive, but can't walk very well because of two bad knees and then I have a separated shoulder. I pray every night that Ste. Anne de Beaupre will ask her grandson to ease the pain which I offer up to him. And if you have 10 seconds, I will appreciate a quick prayer for me. God Bless, Jeannette

Sr Pat said...

We will be praying for Trini!

Jeannete,

That is so neat you are 89 and blogging. I have just started a new blogging site for the Poor Clares http://poorclare.org and many of them have never blogged before... so now I can tell them if one of my friends is 89 and blogging ... they have no excuse!

I am sure they will love it as soon as they learn how, though.

Today, two of our sisters went over the Missionaries of Charity because the Mother General, Sister Nirmala - was there - with her companinon Sister Rochelle. They had a lovely visit with them for about twenty minutes.. but the blessing was that they came back with a small relic card and a medal for each of us! I will make your intention to Mother Teresa the first thing I ask for.

I had not heard of Ste. Anne de Beaupre before.. but now I just figured out by your saying to ask her grandson.. that that most be Mother Anne! Wow... my confirmation name is Anita.. but I figure that is also a link to the Blessed Mother's mom too!

Blessings to you and also will pray to Mother Teresa for Trini. Expect good things soon.