Sunday, September 16, 2007

THOSE Days and Submit Your Story

To send this card: Novena of Love and Healing - Day Six

Today is also the feast of the Stigmata of Saint Francis

Quote for the Day:

Praise the LORD,
O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life
from the pit
and crowns you
with love and compassion,

Psalm 103:3-4



Monday

Happy Monday... and prayerful blessings as we continue on with the eighth day of the Novena. Don't worry if you came in late.. God is on call for us all no matter what time we check in!

I have the page up for submitting stories for the next book! It's pretty rustic still... so will be fine tuning it over the next few days.. but it works and if you are ready (I know a few have asked about it) it is up.

Submit a story for 101 Inspirational Stories of the Power of Prayer!

This Sunday has been one of THOSE days .. where I should have stayed in bed. It's where I wanted to be.. I should have just ignored the world and done it! Sigh. I did take a nap later on .... but it didn't stop the day from being one of THOSE days. Well I won't have to worry about matter for confession... since I took care of those little details.

One good, good thing though.. is that my little fish Sadie is okay! I didn't tell you about her.. until I was sure of the outcome. On Saturday she got stuck in the sponge that I had placed around the pump to keep it from getting clogged. When I found her she looked like she was dead.. but when I pulled her out.. she wiggled! So I thought she was okay... and then as I was working with cleaning the rest of the water she came over as if to say "THANKS!" But I noticed her head was a little bloodied from her terrible entrapment.. she probably had struggled quite a bit and the more she did the further in she got trapped! Anyway after she swam away I didn't see her again for the rest of the day or half of today.. but I cleaned some more of the water liliies out.. and there she was! Hurray! She even came over for dinner. Whew.

Thank you Jesus! Because I do love my little fishes!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


The Confession Connection

No Sin Too Big

by Bonnie E. Doherty of Haverhill, Massachusetts.


Complete Story

In 1980, I made a very bad choice and committed a grave and serious sin. Afterwards I was torn by immense guilt and sorrow. After going to many different priests to confess this sin and having it absolved, I still didn't feel forgiven. Finally, I confessed this sin to a priest whose response made a big difference in how I view God's mercy.

He was a priest helping out at a Cursillo Renewal Weekend at St. Basil's Seminary in Methuen, Massachusetts. When I confessed my grave sin to him and told him how often I had already confessed it, he told me that my biggest sin was pride. He said that pride caused me to believe that I could commit a sin so grave and so big that God could not forgive it.

I was very humbled by his words, and I truly came to know God's great love and mercy.


The End

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


No comments: