Friday, September 28, 2007

8th Day of Novena to St. Theresa - Blogging & Bering Sea

Eighth Day of the Novena

8th Day of Novena card to St. Therese.

5th Day of Novena to St. Francis



Only two more days left of the Novena....very sad but my enthusiasm for Novenas always sort of dwindle down on about day seven. Need a spiritual pick-up or something to fill me with hopeful expectation! A miracle or two would be nice. I did put a beautiful yellow rose on our altar this morning and I wasn't even thinking of Therese when I did it... maybe it was a sign for one of the sisters since we are all praying the novena together as well.

My intention is for working with the Reconciliation book and the Confession website... spent most of this afternoon updating the blog - this is a whole new learning curve for me having my own server...its like Geesh I hope I don't destroy everything! I did get it upgraded eventually - not without wiping out the old template and having to spend an hour or more searching for a new one and playing around with it. One of these days I'm going to have to stop playing and get back to writing on it! Confession Blog

My brother Peter (oceanographer) is out in the middle of the Bering Sea doing whatever it is that oceanographers do. He emailed me yesterday saying he had to transfer from one ship to another in a little boat with six foot high waves - and he wasn't looking forward to it. Not that he hasn't done it before... but its still scary. Nope, I do not think they would be able to pay me enough to do stuff like that. Hopefully he made the transfer safely - am adding him to my portion of the Novena!

Here is a google map of where he made the transfer.. suppose he's further away by now.

Here in Washington state we got some rain... finally.. we're not on the (rain forest) side of the state... and we were needing some! I went out this afternoon to feed the fish as it was raining ... for a minute I thought maybe they wouldn't want to come and get their dinner in the rain... rather silly thought since they live in the water! They were actually having a grand old time and came right over for a good meal!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia

No comments: