Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Third Day Novena - Shelley and Federation President

To send this card: Novena of Love and Healing - Day Two

Today is also the "Holy Name of Mary." I created a special card today just for this Feast! Holy Name of Mary

Quote for the Day:

Mary is the Mother of God. Catholics do not believe that God was bound by any compulsion to have a Mother; they believe that He chose to have a Mother and all that this implies. He chose to permit His human body to be formed in her womb.
Redemptorist Fathers


Wednesday,



A visit from our Poor Clare Federation President... Sister Anna Marie... notice who has already claimed her as MINE!


Today is the third day of our Novena. Each email that I read (thank you for sending your petitions) makes me so glad that we are joining together in prayer for one another's healings. Truly we are God's people in need of his help.

Each email has and is a confirmation that I am right where I should be.... living my life of prayer and joining with you in your life of prayer... together we are indeed - A Prayerful Witness of God's Presence.

Here are the words that are on today's healing card.... (in case you are not able to view the Peace Card or haven't time). The words are very simple.. they make a small prayer.. but when we join together in faith and sincerity... God will listen and answer in a BIG way.

Novena of Love and Healing
Third Day

It's true,
that God knows
what we want
before we ask.

But, He also knows,
that part of
the very healing
we need, must be
to admit this need.

"Lord,
I need to be healed!"

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


The Confession Connection

The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Celebrating God's Forgiveness

by Sandra DeGidio, O.S.M.

Day Twenty:

Celebration: God always loves us

The older brother's problem is a universal human one. It's tough for most of us to say, "I'm sorry." It is even tougher to say, "You're forgiven." And it is most difficult of all to say gracefully, "I accept your forgiveness." To be able to do that we must be able to forgive ourselves. That, too, is what we celebrate in the sacrament of reconciliation.
To be continued

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not start my day without you. I have no family, so I have adopted you. Every word that you send brings me closer to God and our Blessed Mother.
My soul becomes quiet, and my heart opens and I can hear his words. That he loves me warts and all.
Kate