Monday, September 03, 2007

Push and Fush.... Why not?

To send this card: Saint Rosalia



Quote for the Day:

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
Helen Keller


Tuesday

Oh dum de dum.. it's back to the late routine. I did get started this morning and did my half hour bit.. but then the day went into overdrive or maybe more accurately underdrive. After all it was a holiday and I didn't push I just sort of fushed out (fush is not a real word.. but it sort of feels like it should be don't you think.. kind of the opposite of push).

We had delicious barbecued hamburgers out on our patio to celebrate Labor Day. I was able to go and get my mom and bring her over for dinner too. It was nice. The only rowdy member of the party was Shelley who has taken to barking very loudly when she doesn't get a hamburger. But Sr. Colleen went and got her squirt bottle of water and went into dog training mode and she settled down.

Part of the problem is - she is not allowed to eat with us in the dining room.. but a few times she has been in the kitchen when my mom was eating a snack.. and good old mom thinks half of her snack should be for Shelley. Shelley completely agrees with her and by the time I caught on to what was going on... it was all history. So now when Shelley sees my mom and food...she thinks "Where's my beef?"

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia


The Confession Connection

The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Celebrating God's Forgiveness

by Sandra DeGidio, O.S.M.

Day Fourteen:

Confession: Externalizing what is within

Of course the new rite does concern itself with the confession of sins. But one's sinfulness is not always the same as one's sins. And, as a sacrament of healing, reconciliation addresses the disease (sinfulness) rather than the symptoms (sins).

So, the sacrament calls us to search deep into our heart of hearts to discover the struggles, value conflicts and ambiguites (the disease) which cause the sinful acts (the symptoms) to appear.


To be continued

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fush" is how our New Zealand friends pronounce the word "fish" so I think it's a great word Sister Patricia. Margaret from Oz.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister, Thank you for the comments and cards everyday. It's encouraging and uplifting to me. I'm really enjoying your cards and would like prayer for family unity and peace throughout the world.
So much turmoil. I thank God for peace in my life, forgiveness and joy, but the hardest thing is forgiving yourself I think.
Love and peace to you. Julia H.