Monday, September 17, 2007

Healing Novena - Ninth Day

To send this card: Novena of Love and Healing - Day Nine

Today is also the feast of the Saint Joseph of Cupertino

Quote for the Day:

And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.
Matthew 14:14


Tuesday

First of all... Thank You! to those who have submitted a story. I am impressed. I didn't get a chance to work on the submission page some more today - but looks like you went ahead and did fine with what is there. One thing I want to do is give some guidance to the kind of stories I am looking for. Right now.. its very bare bones! Like submit story.... thanks... Not too helpful.

My goal with this new book is to help people to see the amazing results that happens with prayer. So these are the "exceptional" stories.... the ones that really stand out and make you realize how awesome our God is. They don't have to be HUGE stories ... but they do need to give specific instances of something that happened... how you prayed. . . the length of time until your prayer was answered ..... and finally what it meant to you to have your prayer answered.

There needs to be enough details to actually paint a picture of what happened to the reader. Of course they will be edited and I plan this time to contact (hopefully by phone) those authors whose stories will be used. This way I can discuss with you any parts that need maybe some more detail or further background.

I think a book on inspirational prayer stories will be highly motivational to many. It's a project it will be great fun to work on. Thank you for joining with me on this.

- Today is the final day of our novena. Please be assured that we will continue to remember all your intentions in our daily prayers - and even if you haven't gotten the answer you wanted yet.... don't give up. God is sometimes so sloooooowwww in getting everything worked out but I know He is happy that we are all praying for each other.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


The Confession Connection
My Thoughts . . .

by Maggie Geene


Complete Story

In the six years that I was a director of religious education (DRE) I wanted those entering the church to understand the awesome grace of the sacrament without falling into the trap of becoming overly scrupulous in their examination of conscience.

I shared a lot in our discussions about a nightly check in with God, as part of their daily prayers. If one makes a daily examen then they would be less likely to fall into a pattern of sinfulness and more likely to know when they needed to avail themselves of the sacrament.

The one thing that I tell the catechumens and candidates about what they need to confess is anything that gets in the way of their authentic relationship with God. I usually don't use the distinctions between mortal and venial sin, but rather those habits and actions that damage the relationship that I have with God and with other people.


The End

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am better! Sometimes I fervently ask God for help with something, but then when His help comes, I don't recognize that it's His answer- or I just enjoy it and keep on going, without giving Him glory and praise. Today is different. My deep depression has lifted and my constant joint pain has eased and I PRAISE GOD!!
Thank you, Sr. Patricia for this Novena and thanks to all of us who prayed and most especially, THANK YOU, GOD for your healing!