Sunday, December 02, 2007

Funny Dog Story

To send today's card: Saint Francis Xavier

Quote for the Day:
The next best thing to winning is losing! At least you've been in the race.
Nellie Hershey Tullis


A lot of people know that email is my total downfall. I never seem to get to it. Maybe it's denial. So much of it.. how do you handle it? Most of the time I don't. I make a stab at answering a few - but the full load of it everyday... nope... just doesn't happen. I expect my purgatory will be taking care of all the emails I didn't take care of in my life. Woe

The thing is though. I love e-mail. I really do. It's just I don't have time to answer most of them and then I feel bad and then I decide the only way to deal with it is to play a game of spider solitaire. Chalk up another day in purgatory.

Oh... but now and then --- life breaks through and I get a wonderful email that I have to answer.. right this minute.. or at least share.... and here is one. It actually wasn't an email.. it was a comment on my blog (I copy the peace care text and put it on the blog.. so if you get this.. you also get what is in the blog.) Anyway this was in response to when I wrote about Shelley eating the peanut butter we were supposed to have for dinner We did by the way, have peanut butter... just not the serving she helped herself too!

This is from Diane - seems like it should be printed up in Reader's Digest or something.. just so funny!



It is not the owners it is the dog.

barking puppy


I have two cocker spaniels and two puppies who have not gone to their new homes yet. I, as well as my family members, have paid for as well as invested much time in training, however , as I was told on the last day of the last class, These wonderful animals are in fact animals. They like food and no matter how well trained they are, they will still like food.

A few years ago my son , who usually buys school lunches decided to pack a lunch because he did not like what was on the menu. We packed a roast beef sandwich and a few other items and he was on his way.

Later in the morning I got a call. It was my son asking if I would pack him another lunch and bring it to school. When I asked what happened to the lunch I previously packed (hoping that he gave it to a less fortunate child or something noble), I was told that I wouldn't believe him if he told me.

When I showed up at the school I got an explanation that , coming from my son, I probably would not have believed. It seemed that the local police department had brought in drug sniffing dogs to do locker checks. Another local police unit brought their dogs in to help be trained by the current service animals. As they approached my son's locker one novice dog became excited. He signaled that he detected something.

The no tolerance school cut my son's lock off, opened the locker allowing the dog access. Access to my son's lunch that is. (I guess this dog had a thing for Roast Beef ) He pulled the lunch bag out grabbed his sandwich and began to eat it (ziplock baggie and all)

The officer took the sandwich from the dog and examined it for drugs but only found roast beef and cheese. Another dog was brought to the locker and the locker searched but no drugs were present.

The embarrassed officer was very apologetic and immediately offered to pay for a new lock and a school lunch . We all had a big laugh. Amazingly this dog is now one of the top K9 s on the force. Just goes to show !


Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia

P.S. There is still time to sign up for the free teleseminar I am doing with Susan Rowland tomorrow .. on "Making Room for God at Christmas - Cleaning out the Clutter." Here is the link to sign up. Making Room for God .

No comments: