Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Root of Jesse - Christmas Elves

To send today's card: O Key of David

Send an Advent Cards

Send a Christmas Cards


Quote for the Day:
O Clavis David: "O Key of David,
O royal Power of Israel
controlling at your will the gate of Heaven:
Come, break down the prison walls of death
for those who dwell in darkness
and the shadow of death;
and lead your captive people into freedom.”
Isaiah had prophesied,
I will place the Key of the House of David
on His shoulder;
when he opens,
no one will shut,
when he shuts,
no one will open.” (22:22),
and "His dominion is vast and forever peaceful,
from David’s throne,
and over His kingdom,
which he confirms and sustains
by judgment and justice,
both now and forever.” (9:6).
O Antiphons - FR. WILLIAM SAUNDERS


The Christmas countdown is definitely on. This means that whatever you "hoped" you might get done... don't even think it. Just stay cool and let it flow.

Today I did a wonderful interview with an author of a book called, "Breaking Free of the Web: Catholics and Internet Addiction" Was really good. Sister Patrice Klausing is one of the co-authors of the book and she covered a lot of interesting material - basically how to recognize when someone is getting dangerouly close to addiction, how to work to confront them, how to deal with it.. etc. It was only a half hour interview though and it seemed like we barely could touch the surface of the problem.

I keep telling myself that I am going to start posting these interviews - I think some of you would like them..... it's always the time factor though and the fact that the radio studio is on the fourth floor on a different computer and hard to scrunch everything in. Still - I am definitely going to do it.

Tonight though I'm zipping along and going to bed as soon as I can - things won't get any better on too little sleep.. I can vouch for that. The Grumpy Factor will be sooo out of control and I'll end up only getting coal for Christmas!

OH! I do have something funny to share! I got Elfed! Christmas Elves . The first one is me... the second one is my mom (who would have thought at 89 she could be such an elf?) and the other two - are Michelle ( the one responsible for this travesty) and her husband who was an innocent bystander and shall remain nameless. Thanks Michelle - I don't suppose they could come up with a version like... You got canonized or something like that? A little halo? A set of wings?



Blessings of Peace and Joy!
Sister Patricia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you please send me one of the little calendars you send out each year. They are so handy & beautiful - I just love it!!!!!!!!
Thank you.

Barbara A. Brearley
529 Drexel Ave.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648