Monday, December 17, 2007

O Wisdom - December 17



To send today's card: O Wisdom

Send an Advent Cards

Quote for the Day:
O Sapientia: ?O Wisdom,
O holy Word of God, you govern all creation with your strong yet tender care.
Come and show your people the way to salvation.? Isaiah had prophesied,
?The spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him:
a spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
a spirit of counsel and of strength,
a spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord,
and his delight shall be the fear of the Lord.? (11:2-3),
and ?Wonderful is His counsel
and great is His wisdom.? (28:29).
O Antiphons - FR. WILLIAM SAUNDERS


My brother Tim sent a live Christmas tree to my mom. I was talking to him yesterday and he told about it. I thought to myself, "Hmmmm, I had better go over there and see what happened to that tree?"

Did she open it up? Did she give it away? Is it alive and well?

Sister



So Sister Colleen and Shelley volunteered to go with me to pay my mom a visit. When I got there I did not see a live tree anywhere. Hmmm...? Then I saw a long box about two feet long set against the wall. Unopened.

My


This could be it!
I went over and looked.
Yes indeedy.

Mom


She liked her tree!
She thought it was very cute!

Sister



She thought I should take it home with me.

I could tell she thought this would be a very, very good idea.

So we did.

We took mom back to the monastery for a visit and some dinner and took along her tree with us.

It looks very nice in our front entrance.

She thinks it looks very nice there.

We do too!

Thanks Tim!

Blessings,
Sr. Patricia


No comments: