Sunday, December 09, 2007

We have met the Enemy and the Enemy is us...

To send today's card: 2nd Monday of Advent

Send an Advent Card

Quote for the Day:
Nobody has things just as he would like them. The thing to do is to make a success with what material I have. It is a sheer waste of time and soul-power to imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different.
Frank Crand


I set my timer for 30 minutes to work on the JoyNotes because I couldn't seem to get moving. I use a timer a lot for such occasions. It sort of forces me to at least try to accomplish something. My reward is I get to play a game of spider solitaire when the alarm goes. Yea.

Don't know exactly why I say yea though, as before I forced myself to knuckle down and get to busy, I had already played and lost three games. As a matter of fact I was rather feeling sorry for myself. Losing three games in a row sort of says something about one's ability at cards don't you think? I keep telling myself I will catch on to this.. but its not happening. Still, it seemed funner than doing the Joynotes!

I don't know why. JoyNotes are not bad to do. It's just the gettin going don't you know?

We got a little more snow today. Not much, just an inch I suppose but at least we are back in the Winter Wonderland getting close to Christmas sense. I really don't care for brown Christmases. Just not the way to do things when one lives in the North.

I was praying this morning about things I have to do and life in general and the word I seemed to get was "sabotage." The thought to go along with that was to spend some time this day, looking and praying at ways that I "self-sabotage" myself. You know the negative stuff that sort of filters down and settles and you let settle? The doubts, the procrastination, the building up of molehills into mountains and all that sort of thing.

I thought I should make a list and just look at it. Sort of like "we have met the enemy and the enemy is us." Not sure who said that. Snoopy or someone much more noble - ? Oh.. just googled it and it was Pogo - a cartoon character in the early 1970's.

Anyway the idea was to face the negatives and just sort of talk to them. You know, like, "Just how long do you intend to be staying around?" And their answer will probably be something snappy and rude like, "Just as long as you let us!"

Which of course puts the whole thing back into my court. If I am being my own worse enemy... just how long am I going to continue that and why?

No idea. If I get any break throughs I will let you know. The biggest thing I am working on is "Why can't I get moving on the new book? And why do I take on every new project that pops into my head so I have no time to work on the book? Huh? Hell-o? Is anybody home?"

Yea, the alarm went off a bit ago .... and it's time to play Spider Solitaire again!

Blessings,
Sr. Patricia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sister Pat,
I look forward to your comments each day. I smile when you write how you struggle to get things done. Your much to young for that. But maybe your overloaded at times. I to like to play Spider Solitaire. Have a good week.
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Sister Pat:
I enjoy your articles everyday. Your writing is very creative and puts a new spin on everyday life. I don't play solitaire but I love to type & send emails to my friends. I send Franciscan Ecards often to my friends and they love them.
Have a joyous Advent!

Karen