Thursday, December 13, 2007

A bit mixed up... but life is

To send today's card: St John of the Cross

Send an Advent Cards

Quote for the Day:
And if tonight my soul may find her peace
in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,
and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower
then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
D.H. Lawrence


Note: Yesterday - December 13th - I actually did plan on sending out the JoyNotes - but I spent so much time making two St. Lucy Cards that at 9:30 I just was too tired to keep moving.. So then I wrote the following this morning - but forgot to send it. Starting to crack up obviously. Anyway here is the message - and see if we do better next week.

To send card for the Feast of Saint Lucy

More St. Lucy Cards including the one with step by step instructions (and pictures) for making a Christmas Zito wreath.

Yesterday I got absolutely (well it seemed like it) nothing done. I was just too tired too function. Totally in "Dysfunction Junction." So last night when I started on the JoyNotes at 7:30 and it got to be 9:30 and I had hardly made a dent in the process - I decided this was just not going to work. So I closed down the shop and went to bed.

My mom always used to say (probably yours too) "Go to bed. Things will look better in the morning." And she is right... they look much rosier in the morning. I also found this quote that I have heard in various forms and probably said myself.. but here they have someone who is actually attributed to the quote.

No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. ~Carrie Snow

Anyway.... I expect a little better action today! We just got back inside from our early morning "take the dog out and wake up - because its 26 degrees out there" walk. Very funny. Shelley has a pretty warm coat.. but when it is still dark and this cold she beats us back to the door. Brave dog.

Today's Peace card is why it took me two hours to get the Joy Notes started! I worked on making a card to tell you how to make your Zito Christmas wreath. Today is the day! The feast of St. Lucy. I also found a beautiful image of St. Lucy so had to make another card for her as well with that graphic. See... when you are tired you find all sorts of wonderful reasons why you should do "other stuff."

And in case you are reading this without the pictures... here is how to make the wreath.

To make your own Christmas Zito wreath find a simple round container and glue or tape (double-stick) a red, white and blue ribbon on the outside. Fill the container with dirt.

In the middle of the dirt place a big red candle with a Christmas ribbon around it tied into a bow.

Gently poke wheat berries into the dirt. Wheat berries can be found in health food stores.) Each day make sure the soil is kept warm and moist.The wheat will sprout within a day or two... each day you can watch it grow!

By December 25th the wheat will be tall enough to create a Christmas Zito Wreath!


Blessings,
Sr. Patricia

3 comments:

RP said...

Dear Sr. Pat!



Thanks for the instructions on making the Zito Wreath - I remember you posting about it last year. I might want to make one for myself or / and for my sister-in-law. The link in your e-mail didn't work though, and I couldn't find last year's post in your blog (I remember it had a picture - you got the wreath from a friend). I think you mentioned some Eatstern-European origin for the Zito-wreath: was it Hungarian or Polish? Or Yugoslavian?
Would you mind posting about it again?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ria Post,
The Hague

P.S.: I sent this message also to you by e-mail, but in the P.S. I put a link to pictures of our little baby girl. She was baptized two weeks ago!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sr. Pat,

My mom use to say "just sleep on it, and it will come to you in the morning", Moms are pretty smart. I still think of it years later. Thanks for reminding me again.

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to receive your Joy Notes on the Feast of St John of the Cross. This Advent is going so fast and has been extra busy with daily, evening visits to care for my 93 year-old Dad plus voluntary work at the local high school, St Vincent de Paul (Christmas Appeals) and of course my Friday Music Ministry at St Peter-Julian's Church, Sydney. St Lucy is very special to me, my father, a wonderful Blessed Sacrament Father, a Sacristan-friend of mine and I'm sure many others. St John of the Cross is one of the Saints I name in my intercessions after the Rosary so to receive both on the one day was absolutely wonderful - thank you, Sister Patricia. I love the garden and am looking forward to next late-Spring when I shall prepare my very own Zito Wreath and take as a gift to someone special. Margaret from Oz...