Tuesday, July 31, 2007

JoyNotes & Heat & a daily dose of Jesus

To send this card: Saint Alphonsus Liguori

Quote for the Day:

He who trusts himself is lost. He who trusts in God can do all things.
Saint Alphonsus Liguori


Happy August

Whew. It's starting to cool down. Thanks be to God. I took Pia up to bed earlier but decided it was just too hot - would have had a fried bird so brought her back down to my office till it gets better. Once the sun goes down now it gets pretty good - is 80 now and will get down to 57 before morning. We can breathe, we can breathe. Yeah.

I was trying to think of something worthwhile to write about - but the heat totally took away any last remaining traces of mental ability away. Probably not drinking enough water - usually a good sign when the heat gets me this way.

Aaahhh... just went and got me a big cold drink. Amazing what a little water can do for a person.

Maybe that is how it is when we get too far away from God - everything starts to go to pieces and we can't quite put a finger on why. Then all of a sudden we get knocked on the head and say, "Oh yeah, I don't have enough Jesus in my system."

Duh! It's always the obvious that we overlook.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia




The Confession Connection

O Happy Fault: A Confession of Hidden Sin

by Vinny Flynn
Day Eight:

This is what it really means to be a Christian—to have joy in our hearts, trusting that, no matter how bad things seem, God can turn all things to good for those who love Him. St. Paul admonishes us to "rejoice in the Lord always and in all things give thanks" (1 Thes 5:16-18). What a powerful teaching! Rejoice always. Give thanks in all things, not just the good things, but the bad as well—even pain, suffering, failure, tragedy.


(to be continued tomorrow)

From one of twelve articles on confession found in the book, "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


1 comment:

bjc said...

Yes I just got hit on the head, a good friend passed away with a massive heart attack last week she was only in her late 57or 58 She was shopping with her sister and getting ready to go on vacation!I know when it is your time to go,its your time. I find myself sometimes being very lazy with my prayer life and this was a wake up call for me!I love the Lord God with my whole life,but I know he wants to hear it from me everyday to let him know out of my own mouth!We never know when our time is coming (I think that's good too)so now I will make an effort to say my morning and evening prayers

I will miss my good Friend I will say my prayers for her and some day maybe we will see each other again. Would you pray for her and myself also? I will keep you and all the Sisters in my prayers also.Thank you Sister Pat.I have to say this was a sock to me!
Hugs, Beverly C