Monday, July 09, 2007

Tasty Tuesday - Roadblocks and Cheese Tips

To send this card: In a Little Deep?



Quote for the Day:
Often he who does too much does too little.
Italian Proverb


Tasty Tuesday

The last couple of weeks I seem to go around in circles and nothing gets done. Nothing at least of what I think should get done. In truth things are getting accomplished... just not what I think "I am Supposed to Accomplish." Sigh.

One of the main things is that in working with my radio publicity class I am supposed to go out and try and get ten radio interviews on other radio stations.

You know what? I absolutely, totally don't feel like it. I like doing radio interviews usually but right now I just feel like I can't. I don't know what to offer to talk about. Everything I think of as a topic sounds either stupid or not me.

The retreat below is just for me. After reading this you can tell. Hope I can settle down and take my own advice. That would be different!

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia



Mini Retreat Theme: Following Jesus with Courage

Roadblocks. Sometimes it seems that we cannot move forward. When this happens to me I start feeling a sense of panic. I have to move forward! How come everything is stopped?

Perhaps this is a time to change directions for a time. Roadblocks usually offer an alternate route. A detour - it may take us out of our way for a bit but eventually we will reach our destination if we can accept it and go peacefully with it.

Today, imagine that you have come to a closed door in your life. Try and try as you might the door will not open. Stop, look around and prayerfully ask God what other direction you might go that will still help you to continue forward.
Meditation: (set your timer for ten minutes)

Prayer when time is completed:

Jesus,
I always have a "roadmap"
of the direction
I think I should be heading towards.
Help me to relax
when roadblocks happen.
Help me to see that a detour
does not mean
I will not get to my destination.
It may take longer,
but the new route
will open up new possibilities
I have never explored before.
Help me to be open
to see them.
Amen.




Tasty Tip of the Week

from Barbara George

Tasty Tip for Tuesday, July 10, 2007

To prevent your cheese from getting moldy, never touch it with your hands. Hard cheeses can last a long time if you are careful. If your soft spreadable cheeses develop a red mold, toss them out, this is a very bad mold and can make you sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister Patricia,

Happy Birthday! Make sure that you celebrate the gift of your life in a special way today. It's okay if you don't do a Joy Notes for Wednesday. Thank you for sharing your life with all of us. blessings on you as you begin your new year of life.