Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wednesday - Busy days - St. Benedict

To send this card: Saint Benedict



Quote for the Day:
Let them put Christ before all else; and may he lead us all to everlasting life.
from the Rule of Saint Benedict


Well, I've just spent thirty minutes web wasting away my time while I tried to think of what to write about. One really can't think surfing... one just amuses I guess. But what the heck, it was fun and that should account for something?

I started off with the intention of trying to find a nice web link to share... but I decided I'm going to drop making this a weekly feature.. because I waste too much time looking for something to share like that. If something pops across my path I will share it now and then.. but its too much work searching them out as a mission.

Today was a fun but busy day. My sister Barb and her husband and daughter spent the night and left at 5:30 this morning and then I had a wonderful radio interview with Chris Cuddy (I will share that with you next week if you like) and then I had a radio class and then my brother Peter came by with his two kids, and all during the day there were two guys here to work on our fish pond to get it working right and it was a nice day but busy.

Not a reflective day - more of a "What's next?" kind of day. Fun though.

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia



Mini Retreat Theme: Each day has its own surprises

Time moving to fast? Maybe today is the day to just "look" for your ten minutes. Find a nice quiet place.... hopefully cool... and just look and listen and enjoy.

Meditation: (set your timer for ten minutes)

Prayer when time is completed:

Jesus,
to spend time
with you
doing nothing
is everything.
Amen.

2 comments:

maryart9 said...

Dear Sr. Patricia. May I suggest a wonderful Catholic web site? It's CatholicCulture.com I enjoy Jeff Mirus and his wonderful columns and insights. Give it a try. There's always something educational and riviting to read and to respond. Love your candor! Patrice

Unknown said...

Dear Sr. Patricia,
I admire the way you handled your busy day. Thank you for making life so simple. Trying to live a lay contemplative life outside the monastery has many challenges that I thought would be foreign to your setting. I guess Our Lord can find us among the pots and pans as St. Teresa would say.
Ann