Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wednesday - Newsletter link

To send this card: St. James, Apostle

Quote for the Day:
Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.
H. L. Hunt


Wednesday

First of all here is the pdf link to our Community Newsletter - Newsletter

http://www.confessions101.com/pdf/PoorClares%20Summer%202007.pdf

Unfortunately a few of the things did not convert right...so the recipe is missing and a few letters on one of the headlines.. but best I can do for now. Will attempt to figure out what went wrong some other day.

Today I had a radio class. Fun but got pushed to the edge again. This time our assignment is to create a two minute video about our topic and make available for viewing. Oh fun. Oh hum de dum.

Actually, I think it will be fun... except the learning curve is a bit over the edge. We do have a video camera but it has been years since I have used it - it's not digital - and I am not so sure how this is all going to work out.

Will give it the old nun try though and see what comes of it. I will let you see the results... good or bad I'm sure it will be entertaining. Its due by next Tuesday... offer a prayer or two.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia


The Confession Connection

O Happy Fault: A Confession of Hidden Sin

by Vinny Flynn
Day Three:

Let me give you an example: Two men looked out from prison bars. One saw mud; one saw stars.

Several years ago, I came upon this old verse as I was reading a book by Fr. John Powell, SJ, and it has stuck with me ever since. Powell's book is entitled Fully Human, Fully Alive. Its basic premise is that our happiness is not determined by our situations, but by our personal perceptions of these situations. The two men in the verse share a common experience. It's their way of viewing the experience that shapes its meaning.

I think we can safely assume that neither man is overjoyed about being in prison. But one looked beyond the confines of his immediate situation and finds something to rejoice about. The other allows the pain of his situation to color his view of everything and thus remains a prisoner in spirit as well as in body. To the pain of his unavoidable suffering, he adds the unneccessary pain of being unhappy about it. (If this doesn't make sense yet, don't give up. There's more.)

(to be continued tomorrow)

From one of twelve articles on confession found in the book, "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister Pat, I love the music we hear while reading Joy Notes but I miss knowing the name of the songs. Would you be able to print it again?