Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Independence Day - Expectant Faith at Mass

To send this card: Today's Card

All Independence Day Cards

Quote for the Day:
This, then, is the state of the union: free and restless, growing and full of hope. So it was in the beginning. So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith.
~Lyndon B. Johnson


Blessings on the United States of America today and every day!

May God bless all the men and women who have served our country and are serving it still.

May God bless all those who have died or who have borne wounds of body, soul and spirit for our country.

May God bless all Americans and all peoples throughout the world
who know and keep the gift of God's freedom in their heart!

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia



Mini Retreat Theme: Celebrate the Day

I have read many different things on how to get more out of the Mass - but it came to me today that what makes the Mass the most vital for me - is when I participate in the Eucharist with Expectant Faith.

If I am open to the understanding that God is speaking directly to me in every prayer, song and word - then I find myself eager and excited to see and hear what is taking place. Because I know that there is a personal message for me there and I don't want to miss it.

Meditation: (set your timer for ten minutes)

Prayer when time is completed:

Jesus,
open my eyes
that I may see
the Love
that you have
for me
personally
and for all.
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat, I will be away from July 5 to 24 so please do not send me any messages during that time. thank you very much.

Sr Pat said...

Hmmmm.... how do I stop an anonymous person from not getting their JoyNotes. Hmmmmm.... that's a tricky one.