Thursday, July 12, 2007

Confession Connection -

To send this card: To Enjoy Life



Quote for the Day:
Faith leads us beyond ourselves. It leads us directly to God.
Pope John Paul II


Sorry about not sending out a JoyNotes for Thursday.... I started on it.. but heat and life and a healthy dose of procrastination and before long I just went to bed!

I have to tell you about a plan I am working on. It's called... "Let's make "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation" a bestseller. You see, the book is selling... but only in little bits but I believe this is the most powerful book I have put together. The most life-changing book. But.... it's not easy to push.. because nobody... including me sometimes wants to go to confession!

A lot of us (I was there at the top of the list) don't understand how powerful this sacrament is. We don't realize . . . .

How confession can help us to be a better person.

How it can help us to become a more loving and lovable person.

How it can help us to have greater peace and acceptance in our lives.

How it can help us to feel better about ourselves.

How it can help us to develop more trust and confidence in God’s love and care for us.

How it can help us to do better work.

How it can help us to concentrate better and be more effective in everything we do.

How it can help us to use our talents and gifts more powerfully.

How it can help us to become more bold and courageous in our life.

And most of all... the biggest point of all... is that going to confession....

Allows God to Be more Present in our lives.

So..... prepare your souls... because for the next 18 days I am going to be sharing with you

Just what this book can do for you.

Call it sales talk... pushy.... whatever..... but I'm coming out of the closet and will be shouting out loud ..... just how life-changing and powerful this sacrament is.

AND - SO

during the month of August... I'm going to make a very special deal.....

for everyone who will pray one rosary for the success of promoting the Sacrament of Confession

I will offer the book for only $5.00.

Every rosary you pray - you can get a book for that amount during the month of August.

I am so convinced that the Rosary book did so well because of the hundreds of rosaries that were prayed for its success... and so I'm going begging again for prayerful suport.


Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia

I am changing the Mini Retreat for the rest of this summer to the "Confession Connection." The "Mini Retreat" will continue in October.



The Confession Connection

First of Four Points to Rediscover the Power of The Sacrament of Reconciliation in our lives

by the Most Reverend William S. Skylstad, Bishop of Spokane

First, we need forgiveness. Every one of us is a sinner, and we know it.

At the beginning of every Eucharist, we acknowledge our sinfulness and proclaim God's mercy with one of several forms of the Penitential Rite. During the Our Father, we pray,
"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us . . . ."

The redeeming and forgiving presence of Jesus is always with us.

Again and again, we can return—yes, and we need to return—to the wonderful gift of this sacrament,

seeking forgiveness

and healing

with a spirit of gratitude and joy.

From the Introduction of "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could contact R.C.I.A. groups. They may use it to help when covering this Sacrament.The new classes begin world wide soon and end of course at the Easter Vigil.

deacon tony

Anonymous said...

Hi Sr.Patricia...I love the new format and I think your idea is great about offering the book for a low price during August. I just sent it out to almost everyone on my list, with the note that a Priest had read my conversion story in it and said it was very inspirational. If you could do this with your other books that would be great. The Rosary one would be a great sale during the month of October..and the Eucharist in Dec.

Judy said...

Not sure what happened Sister Patricia, but did not get the Joy Notes today... went to the Franciscan site to see it. Always enjoy your wonderful comments... so natural and down to earth.

Will add the confession book to our family rosary every day. Perhaps we can also pray for priests that they MENTION confession... we never hear a thing. They get so close and then stop... are they afraid of something.. do not know.

Christ's peace in all you do,

Judy

Anonymous said...

Dear Sr.Patricia:
I always love to read what you have to say on the beautiful Sacrment of Confession. This morning prior to Mass I again received this Sacrment. Ever since I attended an Inquiry Class given by our pastor I have learned the importance of this sacrament and the forgiveness that I have received. Many times I am fearful in going to confession, but know that I will feel so much better afterwards -- and I always do. I generally go to confession about once a month -- this practice makes it much easier before small sins become bigger ones. I always feel so much closer to God and His love he gives me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sr Patricia, Im a bit late with this suggestion but have you visited http://www.gratefulness.org ?
It is a huge site and offers message boards, e-cards, online courses, poetry, daily prayer reflections, articles, candle lighting Labyrinth pilgrimage and many more featues and topics.

The following is a link to a wonderful video by Brother David Steindl-Rast entittled
"A Good Day"

http://www.gratefulness.org/index.htm

Anonymous said...

Dear Sr Patricia,

My name is Maria and I posted the previous comment about http://www.gratefulness.org

I have 3 little ones at home and got distracted so I had to check this morning if my comment indeed get posted or not and I apologise for not adding my name.

Also I wanted to thank you most sincerely for your Daily Joynotes and for the whole site, it is really a wonderful resource that brings me great comfort, inspiration and much strength at those times when Im feeling just about all spent and weary.

I love to hear about the daily goings on in your wonderful community, about Pi and Shelly(?) etc. And Im really enjoying the Mini-retreats.

Thank you seems inadequate, but thank you most sincerely for all that you are and do.

Our eldest child is receiving her first Holy Communion next month. I hope to involve her in saying Rosaries for your Confession book and it will serve as a reminder to return to regular Reconciliation, as an earlier poster said I was in the habit of going once a month.

Love, hugs, prayers and blessings always, Maria. xxxxxxxx (A kiss from all my angels!)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sr. Pat,
I know it has been a long time since you heard from me, but I'm still here and love you very much, Believe me when I tell you about self doubt. When my Dad died in 2003 I was devastated. It took a few years for me to get back on top, but I am here praying for you and your wonderful Sisters. There are alot of us who need your little notes to keep us going. I'll pray harder.
Your Pal,
Br. Barry John Herrera, ocp

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, sister, and many blessings today and in the coming year!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SISTER PATRICIA!!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Sister:

That is a wonderful idea because sometimes I have a hard time saying the rosary and this give me an incentive plus the price of the book is an excellent buy and after I read it I will give it to the Pastor of my church because he love to read. He loves to hear confession. We have it twice in one week at our church.

Thank You,

Karen

steaseton said...

Dear Sister Pat,

First, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am following close behind you! I will be celebrating the big 50 in a couple years! It's hard to believe I've been on this planet almost 50 years! I can still remember sitting in my elementary school classroom, thinking anyone over 30 was REALLY old! I guess that's how it is when we get older, wanting to relive our childhood! I'm in a very different place than I thought I'd be by now....converted to the Church, remarried to a wonderful new husband(3 years today!)complete with the annulment and the PreCana! I can only hope I've done all that God has asked of me! You're in my prayers! Thank you for being so real and approachable!

Anonymous said...

Bogotá D.C., July 17, 2007

Dear Sister Patricia:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May God bless you with good health, happiness and that all your dreams, projects and books have success.
Regards to all the sisters at the Spokane Monastery.
Thank you for your daily Joynotes: beautiful and interesting.

Aura Forero de Walker
Colombia, South América