Sunday, June 03, 2007

Miracle Monday - New Book Coming Soon!

To send this card: Saint Joseph


Quote for the Day:

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.
Mark Twain


Miracle Monday

Guess what! I'm going to get started on a new book .... and guess what again? It's not going to be about the sacraments this time. I'm not giving up on working my way through the sacraments... but I am going to take a break and do a book called.... are you ready?......

101 Inspirational Answers to Prayer

I have been thinking about this for awhile and on the last day of the book exhibit that I was at in Chicago, I was praying my rosary in my room and pacing up and down (because I like to move when I pray the rosary) and it just seemed like that was the direction to move toward.

So I will be asking for stories soon. Not quite yet because I don't have all the pieces in place yet - maybe even by the end of the week. I am just starting to get the wheels into motion. The stories I will be looking for are stories on prayer in which you felt God answered them in an especially powerful or significant way.

I invite anyone with a Christian experience of prayer to share. The prayer might include asking a particular saint such as with a novena or favorite saints prayer. It might be just a, "Help me God!" in a moment of danger. It might be asking an angel to step in or a personal saint such as a beloved family member that you know is watching and helping from Heaven.

No, they don't have to be about stupendous miracles, and they might not even be answered in the way that you were praying... but answers in which you felt beyond the shadow of a doubt - God answered your prayer. True stories that you feel would be encouraging to someone else who is perhaps struggling with God in their life and prayer and needs a spiritual boost!

This book I think will be really, really fun to do and really, really inspiring and I am really, really excited about getting started.

I am planning for the publication date to be March 19th... the Feast of Saint Joseph. I am putting the book completely into the hands of Saint Joseph.

So I don't know if starting this book qualifies for a Monday miracle story yet... but I feel sure it is certainly the start of one!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Pat. I look forward to your new book. When I first read it, I thought it was going to be 101 Inspirational Prayers. That is a book I would love to see you do!

Anonymous said...

You do make my day with the inspirational quotes. I normally forward the email cards to my parish priest and friends. I am a Trinidadian and I do suppport your mission.I will write you on my experience with prayer and the success of my daughters.

I love you and continue your vocation as I will continue to pray for the continuing success of this site.

bjc said...

Hi Sister Pat,I can't wait read your new book!This is exciting!I gave my dad who is 84yrs young the reconciliation book and he said it was really good.I didn't know he was uneasy going to confession also,so it helped us both!I can't wait to read the joy note's everyday!You are so blessed and I feel like I've knowen you forever!
I Thank you for what you do! and wish you much success with everything you do!I will write you again soon.
Blessings,Beverly