Thursday, June 21, 2007

Friendship Friday - HP Printing Mailbox

To send this card: Saint Thomas More & John Fisher

Quote for the Day:

“The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.”
-- St. Thomas More


Friendship Friday

Well, I went to visit my mom today to see how she was doing with her new little printer. It's the neatest thing. My brother John heard about it on the radio and what it does is it prints out emails for people who don't want or can't use a computer. So cool. Made I think especially for parents whose kids want to send them emails I think. Anyway it works absolutely fantastic. And so now everyday my mom can receive a few emails on her printer. Even prints out the pictures in color ... so everything but video and audio.. it is really great for our family because our mom is so deaf that this makes a way that we can communicate with her when we are not right there!

If you are interested - the one we got was a HP Printing Mailbox. John got this one from Amazon. I will share the link just for your information.. I don't get anything from it.. but it just seems like a cool, cool idea if anyone has a hearing disabled parent or friend. Costs $99.00 for the printer and $10.00 a month for the service. Oh and another neat thing is that it only accepts email from people you include on the mailing list.. so they won't get spam. And another neat thing... you would think I am a salesman for this product but its really neat .. is that it tells you online if they are out of paper or ink! HP has really thought this through.

Oh before I forget... the Link to HP Mailbox Printer

http://www.amazon.com/Printing-Mailbox-use-Presto-Service/dp/B000JERC8A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3110848-2907803?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182487955&sr=8-1

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia



Mini Retreat Theme: Walking with Jesus in the Ordinary

Quote:

Meditation: (set your timer for ten minutes)
Today might be a nice day to sit in your garden for a few minutes and think of all the ways that you have been blessed with kindness by people doing "little" things for you. I remember my mom used to get us drinks of water when we were sitting watching television or reading a book. I remember my sister, Euli sewed me a Paddington bear for Christmas one year... all by hand! And my sister Barb made me a set of little wooden boxes once... that fit inside each other. I still have the littlest one! Had little leather hinges and I store a few feathers in it from each of the birds I've been blessed to have.

Memories are kind of like patchwork quilts.... no two alike and yet together they make a very warm and protective comforter!


Prayer when time is completed:

Jesus,
thank you for friends
who bless us
in so many ways.
Truly friendship is a
golden treasure.
Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sister Patricia,

since you're talking about friendship and e-mails (I'll check out the printing mailbox for my Dad)- I'd like to tell you what we are doing with e-mails and other little notes for my husband on his 65th birthday. We invited everyone too far away to join the celebration to send an anecdote, blessing or special birthday wish. Each one of those we will slide inside a balloon, and blow up the balloon, hopefully at least 65 of them. We will fill his office with all the balloons. On his birthday he'll have to pop each balloon to read each message. Maybe a fun idea to pass on. It seems to fit with today's mini retreat as well.
Blessings for your day, Patricia from Canada