Monday, June 04, 2007

Tasty Tuesday - Pi is Pia and Upcoming Changes

To send this card: Saint Boniface



Quote for the Day:

People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering.
Saint Augustine


Tasty Tuesday

I am in a heavy procrastination mood. I can't seem to do anything but waste time today. Part of it may be the weather we are having. Hot and humid. Whatever, I have a whole bundle of excuses to explain it but they don't get me moving any.

But Guess What! Breaking News. Today I received valid, one hundred per cent confirmation that Pi (as in my parrot) is definitely a girl. She laid an egg! Sr. Marcia Kay says we should call her Pia! Right now I am still calling her Pi because I was already about 99.8 percent sure Pi was a girl because she was just acting too girly to be anything else but the egg certainly filled in the .02 per cent doubt remaining.

I am in process of thinking of making some adjustments with the JoyNotes for the Summer. Not sure exactly what. One thing I would like to feature some of the stories and features from my books. Perhaps come up with a Monthly or Weekly Spiritual theme and provide mini 5 day virtual retreats. Just think I would like to be a bit more creative for these lazy days of summer!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

Tasty Tip of the Week

from Barbara George

Tasty Tip for Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Berrie Smoothie

Delicious breakfast replacement you can take on the run or sip at your desk on a busy morning. Simple substitutions can change the flavor and consistency of this drink but I tried to make a recipe that was low calorie and healthy.

½ cup plain low-fat or fat free yogurt (or Banilla yogurt-will be sweeter and creamier-yummm-but increases the calories).
½ cup 1% milk
1 medium banana
1 cup frozen berries (or fresh)
2 ice cubes
2 teaspoons honey
(optional- 1-2 tablespoons wheat bran)

Blend on high til smooth. This is not a really sweet drink. If you like it sweeter, add more honey or use the sweetened yogurt. My son added a tablespoon of strawberry jam to make his sweeter. Lots of options. If you make ahead, shake well before serving. Makes 3 cups. Serving size is 1 cup.

6 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, 180 calories. More fiber if you add the bran but don’t make ahead of time that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Pat,

I want to preface this by saying that I mean this with the uttmost respect. It's a comfort to me that you a nun, whose life is dedicated to holiness in a very unique and special way, can own up to being a procrastinator! It gives me hope! You see, my husband has dubbed me the biggest procrastinator he has ever met! Organization and responsibility are two words I have always struggled with....concepts I take on out of nesessity, to reduce the mountain on my desk, caused by my home based business, writing projects I'm working on, or little notes, scattered about that remind me of tasks requiring my attention! What do you suppose is Our Lord's solution to my perpetual procrastination? To reduce the responsibilities around me and grant me the time I crave reading or praying on the back porch? Hardly, it's giving me greater responsibility....a request to give a speech, a bible study, a phone call from niece wanting a place to stay to sort things out. Basically saying "If you want that time you crave so badly, you have to guard it, to covet it. Because without Me you may run for a while, on your own power, but eventually your well will run dry, and you will have nothing to give." So I have learned to download the rosary from a disc, and say it while I'm cooking, etc. among other things, and to be cotent with the little victories over my friend procrastination!

Anonymous said...

I do love the Prayer of St. Boniface. I don't think I have seen this before. In first and second grade, I attended the St. Boniface Grammar School in my city. It was staffed by Notre Dame nuns and I, coming from a farm in the country, was quite scared but all was well in time. The thing about St. Boniface is that my dad also went to that school and he was born in 1884. The children were taught English and German at that time. My father used to sit me on his knee at Christmas and sing Silent Night in German to me. I have wonderful memories connected to St. Boniface.

SueH said...

I did wonder about Pi after you said earlier that he was a she, but kept calling him/her 'he'!

I really enjoy your daily stories.

God bless
SueH