Thursday, June 07, 2007

Friendship Friday - Mini Retreat

To send this card: God Opens a door



Quote for the Day:


If I had to sum up in a word what makes a good manager, It's decisiveness. You can use the fanciest computers to gather the numbers, but in the end you have to set a timetable and act.
Lee Iacocca


Friendship Friday

This morning I had this thought about God and the Sacrament of Confession. This is a weird thought and I don't know if I can get it across but it made quite an impression on me. The thought came to me that sometimes I think of God as a banker in a big bank. I have two ways that my thinking sometimes goes.

One way is if I owe money to the bank. Then I look at the bank with fear and dread. How will I come up with my next payment?
What if something happens and I can't make it? Will the bank foreclose on my house? On everything I own?

The other way I look at God's bank is as a place where I can get money. Money that can start a new business or build a new house or go on a wonderful trip.

It occurred to me to spend some time thinking of how I relate to God. Is it with fear that I can never repay? That I'm not quite measuring up and going to fall short for the next payment?

I actually think I go both ways at times in my thinking. I think I need to drop that first line of thought if I can. Maybe just recognizing it will help.

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia



Mini Retreat Theme: Making more Room for Jesus in my Life

Quote: Fear not, I am with you.


Meditation: (set your timer for ten minutes) Imagine that you are in a beautiful garden on a warm, sunny day.
The birds are singing, a bee is buzzing from flower to flower, a small stream nearby is bubbling a gurgling melody.
In this garden are two chairs, both empty.
You walk over and sit in one.
In a little while you know that Jesus will be coming and sitting in the next one.

Today you are going to let Jesus speak first.
You don't know what he will say
perhaps he will say nothing and just be content to sit quietly next to you.
You sit quietly waiting.


Prayer when time is completed:

Thank you Jesus
for coming
to share with me.
I look forward
to spending
more mini minutes
with you.
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,

I was reading Sr. Janet's story from June 18..Last saturday, I was
at a funeral..(not someone I know personaly ..I'm a member of the ministry of consolation at my church)..and during the funeral a bird flew to the rafters of our church..!..Natalie Burns