Monday, June 11, 2007

Tasty Tuesday - Mini Retreat - A Visit to my House

To send this card: Totally Love Him

Quote for the Day:

What would it be like if you lived each day, each breath, as a work of art in progress? Imagine that you are a masterpiece unfolding, every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath.
Thomas Crum


Tasty Tuesday

Today Shelley has been very happy. Sister Colleen's parents have been here all week working and working in our garden and Shelley loves to help them. Also we had a lovely visit with some sisters in our diocese and Shelley just knew they had each come to visit her alone. Why else would anyone visit?

Blessings of Peace and all Good,
Sister Patricia



Mini Retreat Theme: Making more Room for Jesus in my Life

Quote: This is the Day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Meditation: (set your timer for ten minutes) Today you are going to visit your house. Your spiritual house. What is it like? Is it big or small? Does it have many doors, many windows? Is it light or dark? Invite Jesus to walk with you into your house. Explore it together. Are there rooms you do not want to enter? That's okay. Today just go where you want to go and do what you want in your house.

What are you feeling? Happy or sad? Excited or apprehensive? Whatever you feel is fine - but share your house with Jesus.

Prayer when time is completed:

Jesus,
thank you for coming to my house.
Thank you for spending time
with me,
without words, or thought
or judgement of any kind.
Thank you Jesus for coming to my house
just as it is.
Amen.



Tasty Tip of the Week

from Barbara George

Tuesday’s Tasty Tip: June 12, 2007

Here I am on the vegetable kick. It is spring and since we are all thinking we need to go on a diet, vegetables are the perfect place to start. Here’s something to consider if you’re hungry, and can’t get enough to eat:

1 slice of bread = 75 calories

1 medium orange = 60 calories

1 ½ cups of cooked vegetables = 75 calories

2 Tblspns Ranch = 130 calories (watch the dips)
Make a lowfat healthy dip with plain yogurt and your favorite seasonings.

8 peanut M&M’s = 80 calories


Ok, had to throw the M&M’s in there because they are my favorite food. Except the blue ones. That is just not natural.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Pat,

Until I actually sat down and tried the exeercisesin your mini retreat, I never realized how long ten minues was, and how difficult it was just to sit still! I As much as I tried not to, I found myself peeking at the clock on the computer! Until I got into the exercise and began to imagine things like big tables with wrap around benches, with plenty of room for fellowship, or a prayer chapel with a monstrance so I could visit Jesus any time I wanted to, or a library with big overstuffed chairs and plenty of room for all my spiritual books. But, I also noticed that I had one room for all the clutter, things like losing my temper etc., and other stuff I didn't want to deal with, or simply didn't know what to do with. I figure I could take Jesus with me to help me sort it all out, a little at a time.