Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thankful Thursday and Plumbing Issues

To send this card: Dedication of the Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi



Quote for the Day:

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
Mother Teresa


Thankful Thursday

Okay, I am thankful that I didn't drown the Sacristy more than I did.

You see it started last evening. I was working in the Sacristy when I noticed the sink was clogging up. I came up with the brilliant solution of taking a hanger (untwisting it to make it a single rod) and then shove it down the drain to see if I could sort of unsnag whatever was clogging it up.

Well, it was just the most amazing thing! I wiggled and jiggled that hanger wire a bit and then all of a sudden whatever was clogging it was free! Really free. Free like it has not been for a long time. I was so proud of myself. Sr. Patricia the plumber was in business!

This morning when Sr. Rita Louise went to empty the trash from under my sink she came to inform me that there was a flood in the sacristy. The sink is leaking she said.

Hmmmm? How could that be? I went up to investigate. It seems that Sr. Patricia the plumber had sent the little innocent wire all the way through the rusted pipe. Yes, indeedy it unclogged everything. Never before had it been so unclogged. Sr. Patricia the plumber has been let go and the real plumber will show up on Friday.

Sister Colleen said, "Yeah, pipes do eventually rust like that, not much you can do but replace them." That was a very friendly thing to say. So I am thankful for Sisters who see practicality in situations and I am also thankful that we have a friend who is a plumber. A real plumber. The kind who knows what they are doing and has tools more sophiscated than straightened out hangers. Sigh.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

demi lovato nude http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude fake naked pics of demi lovato