Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Eat, Sleep and Laugh

To send this card: Saint Catherine of Bologna

Cards for the Feast of the Ascension Thursday or Sunday

Quote for the Day:

The next best thing to winning is losing! At least you've been in the race.
Nellie Hershey Tullis


Wonderful Wednesday

Thank you for your prayers for my radio interview. I think it went very well. I hope to get an mp3 of it soon and then I will share it with you.. warts and all. I do believe it shows the power of prayer!

Today was a beautiful warm sunny day and I had my mom over for dinner. She is just the most loveliest mom in the world and also the funniest. I don't know exactly what she said or did today that was so funny.. she was just being herself and that is a warm, funny, loving person. I do remember her once saying about my dad something to the effect that he might have a lot of faults but she didn't know how she could live with anyone who didn't have a sense of humor. In that they made a perfect pair.

I think I tend to agree with her. Lucky for me, all the sisters here have a good sense of humor. I used to have this quotation on our vocation page from Saint Theresa of Avila. I love it.

She who laughs, lasts." At least that was Saint Theresa's philosophy. Theresa, a Spanish nun who founded the reformed order of the Carmelites in 1562 used to look for novices who knew how to laugh, eat and sleep. She believed that.

if they ate heartily - they were healthy,

if they slept well - they were more than likely free of serious sin,

and if they laughed - they had the necessary disposition to survive a difficult life.

Sounds like good, solid advice to me!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The card I sent my Mom for Mothers Day shows a child's smile with a missing tooth and it says "thanks Mom, for teaching me to smile through it all" something like that. Humor definatley keeps me sane through the rough days! I like to keep in mind : someday I'll look back on this and laugh! You also help, Sister Patricia. You must have gotten your sense of humor from your Mom! :) God Bless!