Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Thankful Thursday - Heaven Kodak Moments

To send this card: Saint Catherine of Bologna

Cards for the Feast of the Ascension Thursday or Sunday

Quote for the Day:

Holy Communion keeps me full of joy. Without the presence of our divine Master in my humble chapel, I should never have been able to continue to link my life with the lepers of Moloka'i.
Blessed Damien Joseph De Veuster of Moloka'i


Thankful Thursday

Today is the feast of Saint Damien of Molokai. I tried to make a card but time didn't work out. Also I couldn't find a good picture. I wonder if he would mind sending me a picture from heaven?

Wouldn't that be nice if every once in a while the saints and those we love would just send us a few kodak shots? You know, "Here I am talking to Saint Peter on my first day in Heaven." and "Oh, these are some new friends I met today over lunch." (They have to have lunch.. I love lunch...Heaven surely must have a lunch place and a breakfast place and a dinner place and all the chocolate you can eat place.") don't you think?

Okay, I'm sure the joys of heaven would make eating seem terribly paltry but it is one of the things I am thankful for. A good apetite and food to eat. Thank you God!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

2 comments:

RP said...

Hi!

Compliments for your blog and for Joy Notes - I love to read them every day at breakfast.

On the pictures of father Damien: try 'pater Damiaan' or 'Damiaan de Veuster' in a google-search. Damiaan is his original Flemish name, and last year he was in a competition for greatest Belgian Person Ever, so lots of pictures on European sites. (I think the competition was won by Louis Pasteur)

Many greetings from the Netherlands,

Ria Post, The Hague

Sr Pat said...

Thank you! What a great tip!