Sunday, May 13, 2007

Miracle Monday - Radio, Forgivness Channel

To send this card: Saint Matthais


Quote for the Day:

We must be ever thankful for small miracles, and ever hopeful for receiving greater ones.
Elmer A. Shultz


Miracle Monday

Sometimes what I think is a miracle... is how Ijust go along and then all of a sudden realize that my prayers got answered for one thing or another and I never really noticed it happening. It's like one little thing builds on another and something comes in from this way and that way and pretty soon the thing you were hoping would change or happen did and you didn't even notice.

I'm thinking in particular how my work with radio is developing. First with a fifteen minute radio program on Radio Maria than a 30 minute program.. then doing an hour a week on a secular station here in Spokane, then four hours, then we have a whole station! Now I am starting to do more radio in other directions. Very amazing and pretty miraculous if you ask me!

This one book I am reading about Forgiveness -['Forgiveness for Good' by Dr. Fred Luskin] talks about having mental channels in our head. If we are mad at someone we spend a lot of time watching the grievance channel - if we are happy all our thoughts are focused on the happy channel. Whatever we choose to tune into - is what carries us through the day. Happiness or Anger, Sadness or Hope.

Kind of a neat thought. In a lot of ways its kind of like all the new mental imaging stuff that is everywhere except that I think the roots of it are described very clearly in the Old and New Testament and several other major religions as well. "As a man thinks in his heart so is he." I've always loved that quote since I was in high school. It gives me a sense of control and decision as to how to move through my life.

I also love the quote from Scripture "Surrender to God and He will do everything for you." Somehow I do think they both work together. Not sure exactly how.. but they seem to.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


Today's JoyNotes

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Pat,

I laughed when I read your comment about your prayers being answered without your notice! I heard the same thing yesterday from an evangelical Protestant minister. Kind of shows how universal God's message is! He want on to say that sometimes what you're asking for from God isn't yours until you give it away, Then God says, "You know that thing you just gave to that other person, how about taking some for yourself too, after all I gave it to you!" Then the light goes on. He also said that sometimes God will keep us in a particular trial because when someone else come to us with the same need we're in a place to minister out of what He's given us in it.