Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wednesday - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

To send this card: Assumption of Mary

More Cards of the Assumption

Quote for the Day:

Personal prayer, it seems to me, is one of the simplest necessities of life,
as basic to the individual as sunshine, food and water--
and at times, of course, more so.

By prayer I mean an effort
to get in touch with the Infinite.

We know that our prayers are imperfect.

Of course they are.

We are imperfect human beings.

A thousand experiences have convinced me beyond room of doubt
that prayer multiplies the strength of the individual and brings
within the scope of his capabilities almost any conceivable objective.
.
Dwight D. Eisenhower


Wednesday

Miracles of miracles. I think they happen when we turn ourselves completely over to God. The more we surrender the outcome of things to God - the more we will be amazed at what God does.

It is very funny. I love reading marketing books. Because they are mostly positive and give one all sorts of ideas to try new things. But lately I have found that one thing they advise doesn't work so well for me.

It's called planning. I love to plan. Its sort of a game... but most of my plans fizzle...YET... when I pray in the morning and let God have complete, overwhelming control of my day.... when I allow myself not to plan but to live in God's plan.

Then...

amazing, wonderful things happen.

Today, I had a journalist call about a story she is working on for confession. She found my web site and wanted to ask me some questions. She asked me about the Confession workbook and if I knew anyone who had used it and would be willing to talk to her about the results. Hmmm? Anyone interested? Send Me an Email.

Even if you don't want to talk to the journalist.. I would surely love to hear from anyone who likes the book or workbook on Reconciliation and would be willing to share their thoughts on my website. ..Please.. and Thank you and God Bless You and Oh.. now it's time for night prayer....How did it get to be this late?

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia


The Confession Connection

The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Celebrating God's Forgiveness

by Sandra DeGidio, O.S.M.

Day One: Introduction

The well-known parable of the prodigal son is perhaps the most strikingly powerful illustration of the human process of reconciliation, and of the theology inherent in the new rite of reconciliation. But many of us find it difficult to believe the story (see Luke 15:11-32). The father welcomes the son back instantly—doesn't even wait for him to get to the house. And he isn't at all interested in the young man's confession, only in celebrating.

This is not the way we Catholics have viewed the sacrament of reconciliation. Even with the new rite, most of us tend to view this sacrament with the attitude of the older son in the story: Forgiveness comes only after you recite your list of sins, agree to suffer a bit for them, do something to make up for your offenses, give some guarantee you won't commit the same sins again, and prove yourself worthy to join the rest of us who haven't been so foolish!

But God really is like the merciful parent in this parable: not out to catch us in our sin but intent on reaching out and hanging on to us in spite of our sin. Reconciliation (and the new rite is careful to point this out) is not just a matter of getting rid of sin. Nor is its dominant concern what we, the penitents, do. The important point is what God does in, with and through us.

To be continued

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


No comments: