Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Saint Dominic - Radio Interview Report

To send this card: Feast of Saint Dominic

Quote for the Day:

Arm yourself with prayer rather than a sword;
wear humility rather than fine clothes.
St. Dominic


Happy Wednesday,

I made it through the interview. I was very nervous - which was probably good for me as nowadays I am mostly on the side of interviewing rather than being interviewed probably good to get a taste of my own medicine.Sigh.

I think it went pretty well. Once I calmed down. The pace was a little faster than I was ready for but then maybe lack of sleep and anxiety attack had something to do with that. Hard to judge time when you're in the panic zone.

I guess anxiety sometimes come when one is too worried about self. Poor self. I do worry about it alot. Seems like its always doing things to make me worried. And it's always hanging around with me... everywhere I go - there is self. What's a person to do?

In the meantime now that that is over, I can move onto the next big agenda which is our Celebration of Saint Clare this Saturday. Lots to do... don't be surprised if I take Friday off from JoyNotes. Just have to see.

Next week for sure and by golly though I will have the page up to collect prayer stories. This time I will have to include some of my own... funny, but I have never included any stories of my own in these books. Kind of weird huh?

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia




The Confession Connection

My Own Disbelief

byAnne B. Caron
Day One:

A few years ago our parish held a Lenten Mission. I was not planning to go, but a friend didn't want to go alone, so I went to accompany her. I think God used her to get me to go!

The Passionist priest giving the mission was very fervent and very much in love with the Lord. I drank in every word he said and thrilled to the truth of it.

It had been awhile since I'd gone to confession because I felt very unworthy. Sometimes I would imagine that God was impatient with me for repeating the same sins over and over.




(to be continued)

A selected story from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, you might find this book helpful:
Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (Paperback)
by Jon Kabat-zinn (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Wherever-You-There-Are-Mindfulness/dp/1401307787

steaseton said...

Dear Sister Pat,

I can totally relate to what you said about self! You made "self" sound like a real person.....a little toddler having a tantrum because he doesn't get enough attention! Do you find that the more you focus on self, you get so caught up in the emotion that you can forget what the original anxiety was about?? Whereas if you let God take control, you can almost feel the Holy Spirit take over, and you have this incredible wisdom coming from nowhere? This has happened more than once. Sometimes He will graciously allow me to remember it and write it down. Other times, it's like a sudden downpour that passes in a flash, and is meant only for that moment.