Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Preparations for the Feast of Saint Clare

To send this card: Saint Teresa Benedicta (Edith Stein)

Quote for the Day:

The limitless loving devotion to God, and the gift God makes of Himself to you, are the highest elevation of which the heart is capable; it is the highest degree of prayer. The souls that have reached this point are truly the heart of the Church.
.
Edith Stein


Thursday

Two days till the feast of Saint Clare. It's about this time that we realize we really need at least two weeks more to get everything in order...but of course that probably wouldn't happen either. At any rate things are getting spiffed up. Sister Rita Louise has been baking in the kitchen for treats afterwards - along with several friends and Sr. Colleen's mom who even though she is hundreds of miles away in Montana - manages to bake up a storm and send us a box of goodies a number of times throughout the years.

So this whole fun Celebration of Clare is made possible as the old Beatles song, "With a little help from our friends."

Even Miss Shelley (our golden retriever) has been trying to help. Unfortunately not help of the best kind. Today she picked our one big cantaloupe out of the garden (it was not ripe yet... but showed the most promise) .. snapped it right off its little stem and rolled it with great glee down the sidewalk. Cantaloupe Soccer! What fun. Keep that up and we might be playing Shelley Soccer - rolling her down the sidewalk!

Jeremiah the cat is blithely unconcerned with all the extra bustling about but Pia was annoyed that I was late taking her to bed and by the time I came into my office tonight I found her sitting on top of my walking shoes... "Let's Go!"

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia




The Confession Connection

My Own Disbelief

byAnne B. Caron
Day Two:

At one point during the mission, the priest pointed to the crucifix. He said to us in a firm and solemn voice, "If you don't think this is enough to forgive what you've done, then there's no way you can be forgiven."

It hit me like a ton of bricks! My feelings of unworthiness could prevent Our Blessed Lord from forgiving my sins? Not because Jesus was unwilling, but because of my own disbelief! I was stunned. Could I actually prevent God from forgiving me?



(to be continued)

A selected story from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


No comments: