Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Saint Rose of Lima

To send this card: Saint Rose of Lima



Quote for the Day:

If only mortals would learn how great it is to possess divine grace,
how beautiful, how noble, how precious.

How many riches it hides within itself, how many joys and delights! "
St. Rose of Lima


Thursday

This evening I am almost in "Book Heaven." The heaven part is that I got several new books to read and they look great and I love to read. The "almost" part is that its hard to find "time" to read. Sigh. But never fear, I do find little minutes tucked in here and there and get my reading done. When one is addicted to reading like I am .. one always finds a way.

Sometimes I have been resorted to having to read the toothpaste tube or the underside of the kleenex box.... but I do find things to read wherever I am.

But today was an amazing day. Today was the day I could bring my mom to the monastery for a couple of hours and to have dinner with us. We sat outside on the swing and enjoyed the beautiful day. I think I talked about this the last time we did this... but its such a blessing. Even in the monastery sometimes we don't slow down enough to just sit and stare at the beauty God provides for us!

And it was amazing... it was hard.. but I didn't even take a book with me to read!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia


The Confession Connection

The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Celebrating God's Forgiveness

by Sandra DeGidio, O.S.M.

Day Six:

Conversion: An ongoing process

When we discover in the examination of our values, attitudes and style of life that we are "missing the mark," we experience the next step in the converstion process—contrition." This step moves us to the next leg of our conversion journey: breaking away from our misdirected actions, leaving them behind and making some resolutions for the future.
To be continued

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


No comments: