Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Queenship of Mary - Reaching out a helping hand

To send this card: Queenship of Mary



Quote for the Day:

He who has learned to pray has learned the greatest secret of a holy and happy life.
William Law


Wednesday,

Whew, you have no idea how close I came to not sending a card out tonight as it is getting late and I am just starting. But I took a look at the calendar to see what tomorrow would be and found out is the feast of the Queenship of Mary.

Well, that settled that. Certainly can't pass that one by.... Sr. Colleen said I would surely get a lightening bolt!

Today has been a radio day... did four interviews. Surely a record for me! Three of them were with Dale and Susan Recinella about working with the prison ministry. I totally cannot believe their courage and committment in doing this. Totally God's grace. I will be putting up their interview on their web site soon. I cannot begin to tell you how much I have been affected by their talks. A ministry of healing for the hopeless.

To me it has been so inspiring to be open to God working in my own life - to be open to helping someone who is suffering with greater compassion and sympathy. So often I don't look beyond the surface with others pain. What they shared the most was not so much the pain of the victim or the murderer.. but the pain of the families left behind. The tremendous suffering to have a loved one die at the hands of another.

They also presented some ways to reach out to help these families. Prayer being one.... and part of that prayer to ask God, "How do you want me to help someone in need?"

It doesn't have to be someone on death row... but I know in our own families, and circle of friends and work... there are people who need help, understanding and compassion in suffering.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia


The Confession Connection

The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Celebrating God's Forgiveness

by Sandra DeGidio, O.S.M.

Day Five:

Conversion: An ongoing process

The need for conversion does not extend only to those who have made a radical choice for evil. Most often metanoia means the small efforts all of us must continually make to respond to the call of God.

Conversion is not a once-in-a-lifetime moment but a continuous, ongoing, lifelong process which brings us ever closer to "the holiness and love of God." Each experience of moral conversion prompts us to turn more and more toward God, because each conversion experience reveals God in a new, brighter light.

To be continued

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is something my husband and I are currently struggling with. We just found out that a family member who was living with us is involved in an alternative lifestyle. How much do we reach out to this person? There are some among my Christian friends who say that I should have no more to do with this person. There are others that say I should never close the door. I think that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. If and when this person wants back into our house, it should be with the understanding that while we love her, we will not condone these practices in our house. I also think it would be our example that would speak louder than anything we could say. I would appreciate any feedback.