Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Feast of St. John the Baptist - Spider Solitaire

To send this card: Martyrdom of Saint John the Baptist



Quote for the Day:

A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow.
George S. Patton


Wednesday

I couldn't think of anything wonderfully exciting to write here.. so I went and did what one has to do when one's mind refuses to click in. Went and played a game of Spider Solitaire. I lost. I still can't think of anything to write about.

Now I'm mad that I lost the stupid game (I'm on the second level my sister Barb said she finally had to quit the second level because she won it all the time and advance to the third level even though she never wins there.) Me, I'm still stuck on level two and winning is a very rare experience. Now not only do I not win the stupid game (yes it is stupid when I don't win and please don't tell me it's not the game that is stupid!) but now I think every time I lose the stupid game, "How come she wins all the time and I don't? Can it be that there is logic or some sort of intelectual card expertise that I don't seem to have a handle on? Could it be?"

That's a very sobering thought. That's why I resort to calling the game stupid. I'm sure it must be the game. Why do they make games like that? Why does God make sisters that don't have problems with games like that? It's quite a mystery to me.

I still don't have anything to write about but I've filled up a couple of paragraphs..... so guess it will qualify for the night.

Sad that on the feast of Saint Augustine I can't write anything more profound. Really sad. Oh well, I'll get over it... and as soon as I get this JoyNotes out I'll go play another game! Is that stupid?

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia


The Confession Connection

The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Celebrating God's Forgiveness

by Sandra DeGidio, O.S.M.

Day Nine:

Confession: Externalizing what is within

Confession, one aspect of the sacrament which used to receive the greatest emphasis, is now seen as just one step in the total process. Confession of sin can only be sincere if it is preceded by the process of conversion.

It is actually the external expression of the interior transformation tht conversion has brought about in us. It is a much less significant aspect of the sacrament than we made it out to be in the past.

This does not mean that confession is unimportant—only that it is not the essence of the sacrament.

To be continued

A selected article from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Pat,
Can I relate...I have a friend who always manages to get to level 30 in games and I will be at level 12 if I`m lucky,,,,stupid games...but,I keep playing....maybe it is somewhat like life and religion in general we just keep trying.....

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Pat,

Gonna put my quarter's worth in here too. I have a husband who loves to play those games too. It still annoys me from time to time, but to my knowledge he has no other more serious vices, driking, drugs, etc. So if that's the worse thing I have to worry about, I consider myself extremely fortunate! He got me a Pogo membership about a year ago. At first, I hardly used it, but then as often happens, I got drawn in too! I try as much as possible to put myself on a time limit, no more than about a half hour at a strech. Otherwise, I find that an hour or two has gone by, and I'm still playing! Like you, (and all of us I think), I also hate to lose! I find that I will either keep at it til I win at least one round, or walk away and come back later. I found that playing has revealed how different my husband and I are. For Instance he loves action games, I love word games, etc. that will make me think a little. I also find that I will get into some interesting discussions in the chat room and sometimes forget about winning or losing all together. What does that say??

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post about Spider Solitaire, it was light and fun.

Thank You.