Sunday, August 12, 2007

Monday - St. Clare Celebration News

To send this card: Saint Clare of Assisi)

Quote for the Day:

Go forth in peace, for you have followed the good road. Go forth without fear, for he who created you has made you holy, has always protected you, and loves you as a mother. Blessed be you, my God, for having created me.
.
Saint Clare of Assisi


Monday,

We had a beautiful Celebration of Clare! The weather was beautiful - blue sky - not too hot - nice breeze. Perfecto. We had about 210 people which was a perfect amount for our garden area. The Mass was great, Father Franklin Fong, OFM gave a joyful, uplifting sermon with inspiration and plenty of laughter. Just wonderful.

Afterwards we had time to meet and talk with everyone who came and it was just fun. The little kids played with the fish...they had little twigs and they held them in the wqter like they were fishing.. and my little fish (Zachary, Sadie and Johnny) are so tame that they came up and nibbled on their twigs to see if there was any food connected with this new game. There wasn't. I went and got some though so they could feed them. They had a fun time - both the fish and the kids.

The real loser for the day was Shelley. She was confined to quarters because unfortunately her idea of greeting people is to jump up and greet them with 80 pounds of Joy on their chest. She is getting better... but the exuberance of having 200 new friends all at once would have been over the top for her... perhaps next year as the puppy stage levels off she can handle it.

It was just a very nice day. The best thing I was totally without stress - or at least a very low version of it. That, I think can be likened to all the prayers said for us. We even had a special novena prayed just for us from our dearest community friend. So hey, we were totally covered!

I am already looking forward to next year!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia




The Confession Connection

My Own Disbelief

byAnne B. Caron
Day Three:

I approach the sacrament of reconciliation very differently now. It's still not easy. It's still humiliating to admit my faults and deliberate actions, but knowing that there is an ocean of mercy that I can throw those sins into fills me with deep gratitude.

Now I know that God's loving heart is always there to lean on and whisper my sorrows to. I haven't yet been able to live up to my desire to live the perfect life out of love for Him, but I know that this is where I receive the grace to keep trying.


The End.... new story tomorrow

A selected story from "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About Shelley -

Dogs MUST be taught! You can't expect Shelley to learn to not jump up, all by herself. Take her to an
obedience class for beginners, or
purchase a good book on training dogs. The younger the dog is when you start, the better behaved she will be as she grows up. Please don't not teach her, then complain because she doesn't do what you want her to do. Anonymous

Sr Pat said...

Hey, Shelley is an honor graduate of several obedience classes. It's just she has these puppy moments. Our trainer told us that with Golden Retrievers they learn everything very well up to six months... than forget everything for two years (puppyitis syndrome) and then miraculously it all comes back with a little maturity.

And its true! She is actually starting to do all the things she did so wonderfully in class . only its just starting to happen ... and its not every day....yet ....