Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Going on Retreat soon..... YES!

To send this card: Lent Card

Music: Moonshadow

Quote for the Day:

You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
Rabindranath Tagore


Thursday already. This week seems to be going by very, very fast. This Sunday I begin a full weeks retreat at the Monastery. So.... not sure at this point what I will do about the JoyNotes. I definitely do not have permission to do them during the retreat but I was hoping that I could get a few ahead and have them go out automatically but the way life is going faster than I am, I am so not sure on that point.

I will be remembering everyone in prayer and hopefully when the JoyNotes resume on April 2nd I will be renewed, refresheshed and full of the Joy of Jesus! We are all of us looking very forward to this retreat - who knows I may get so peaceful and holy I will begin to levitate or something dramatically holy like that.

You will get a JoyNotes on Friday - but then don't worry if you don't get one next week. I think I will send out a notice each day (an automatic sort of thing) because I know everyone does not look at them everyday and then someone will get worried and email me.. and I won't be answering email so then they will think...? Who knows? So I will at least have an inspirational quote each day to share with you - but probably not a Peace Card. Just going to be lazy, lazy, lazy for a whole week. (God willing that is... sometimes God's ideas of a good retreat are full speed ahead on something... I hope not though.)

Blessings of Peace and Joy,
Sister Patricia

Our book on Reconciliation Our Workbook for Confession

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sister Pat. I too shall keep you in heart & prayer throughout the next week and hope it is a happy, fruitful time for you and sisters. My heart is full of gratitude for your constant care and support through your wonderful internet outreach, not only for me but for all the other souls you help in life's journey. Margaret from Oz.

scarbary said...

I sure pray that you will be able to send out the Joy Notes. I'm beginning to look forward to them more and more every day. They and you are a blessing to me and lots of other people I guess. God Bless you in this work. A friend scarbary.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Patricia, I hate to tell you this but I am a person who does read your Joynotes everyday. In fact, I always look forward to what you have to say. I enjoy and appreciate all you do for us readers. Thanks, and have a good retreat. Sincerely, Marlene Schwartzbauer

MELGAU-LA71341 said...

DEAR SR. PAT, GOD BLESS YOUR RETREAT~YOU NEED A BREAK FROM EVERYDAY STUFF SO ENJOY YOUR TIME W/THE OTHER SISTERS AND GOD, OF COURSE! I KNOW THAT JOYNOTES READERS WILL WAIT FOR YOUR RETURN PATIENTLY FOR LENTEN SACRIFICES, IF WE MUST. IT IS ONLY RIGHT THAT WE PRACTICE SOMETHING WE'RE NOT VERY GOOD AT, RIGHT? PEACE AND ALL GOOD TO YOU AND ALL THE SISTERS ON YOUR RETREAT!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sister Pat,

it will be nice for you am sure but at the same time, not so good for us, i too read the Joy Notes everyday and look forward to them with relish. but i guess this one week i will go to the archives and occupy myself with meditations of days gone by. the anticipation will be good. Pray for us as we too pray for you. God bless you and all the sisters. Pray for us in all we do.

Geraldine

Anonymous said...

Good morning Sister Pat,
Will pray that your retreat goes well. Appreciate your Joy Notes every day and your friendship even though I know you have many, many friends. You are a wonderful person to put Joy Notes together all the time. You have a great talent. God Bless

tiny said...

hello sister pat & all of the other sisters. this is beautiful palm sunday. i sang at church last night and it was so wonderful to praise our dear lord. i love to sing. our choir is ready for next sunday easter. to rejoise for our dear jesus is risen from the dead. i hope your retreat has gone well. you and all of the other sister are always in my prayers. i love to read your joy notes. God bless you. tiny