Thursday, March 15, 2007

Friendship Friday - Twentyfirst Century Friends

To send this card: My Spirit Within You

Music: Be Thou My Vision

Quote for the Day:

"Those who live in the Lord never see each other for the last time."
Unknown


Novena to St. Joseph - Sixth Day

O Glorious Saint Joseph
Whose power it is
to render possible
things which are impossible,
come to my aid
in this present
difficulty and distress.

Take this impossible
and difficult affair
which I reccommend to you
under your special care
and protection
that it may have
a happy issue.

O Glorious Saint Joseph,
let it not be said
that I have invoked you in vain.
Since you are so powerful
with Jesus and Mary
show that your goodness
equals your power.

Amen.

Lent Prayer for the Day

Dear Jesus
today we give to you
all the family and friends
we most care about
and are most worried about.
We give them to you
because our Love
is only a shadow
of the Love
you have for them.
In your hands
we know the absolute
best will be done.
We give thanks to you
through your Son,
Jesus Christ,
who lives and reigns
with you and
the Holy Spirit,
one God,
for ever and ever.
Amen.



Friendship Friday. Today (Thursday) was a day for me to share friendship on the phone. Isn't it wonderful how far we can expand our friendships today? Each Thursday I meet with a small group of people as a subgroup of Robert Middleton's Action group. It is sort of a shared focus group - though each of us are persuing very different marketing paths. I'm marketing Jesus and the Catholic Church - they are marketing different things.. but it never fails that we come up with great insights and help for one another.

The internet has brought and continues to bring all mankind closer together in many ways. . . some of our contacts we will probably never meet in person until heaven - but you know what? That's kind of like our contact with the saints and souls who have gone before us. We may not see or touch them but we can certainly converse and share. For instance I don't think a day goes by that I don't have a talk with Sr. Mary Rita or one of my family members that has gone to heaven.

When I was in high school we had to make an anthology of or favorite poems.... a couple lines from one of my favorite poems went something like this.. "death is only a door in an old wall." Since I have lost so many family members I feel that door is used quite a bit but still I have no sense at all of it being a solidly closed door. I think it swings back and forth quite abit - because love knows no barriers....

Hope you have a wonderful Friendship Friday and will share some thoughts and glimpses of friends that have touched and continue to touch your life - on the blog.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

Our book on Reconciliation     Our Workbook for Confession

No comments: